Newell Rubbermaid

Etyrnus

Newell Rubbermaid, which includes Rubbermaid, Graco, Sharpie, Sanford, Irwin Tools, Levolor/Kirsch, and more, does not support our right to defend ourselves. It is stated in the employee code of conduct that firearms are not allowed on or in company property, including parking lots.

That's pretty standard for every large corporation in the country unfortunately. Their money and liability is more important to them than your personal safety

Just thought people would appreciate knowing. Seeing these other companies listed, and no mention of this one I thought I'd put it out there. At least you all have a choice in dealing with them and can say something. I'm kinda stuck unless I can find different employment.

Indiana's law states that an employer cannot bar you from keeping a gun in your car on company property.

Indiana's law states that an employer cannot bar you from keeping a gun in your car on company property.

Great. What good does it do you sitting in the car waiting to be stolen? I would not keep my weapon in my vehicle on any regular basis unless I had a safe in there.

Every company I've worked for had a no carry rule for employees. I did 21 years in the Army, and couldn't carry on post or in uniform. Now that I'm out I can carry locked, and loaded when not at work (on the clock).

Newell Rubbermaid, which includes Rubbermaid, Graco, Sharpie, Sanford, Irwin Tools, Levolor/Kirsch, and more, does not support our right to defend ourselves. It is stated in the employee code of conduct that firearms are not allowed on or in company property, including parking lots.

So how would they know you have one in your car in the first place? Do you forfeit your rights and are you subject to search before entry onto property and is signed consent given to those violations in the employee contract? Is it unlawful (via state law) to carry or leave a loaded weapon in your car even though you have a CCW permit and may not be in it?

Employee manuals are rarely read on company time. Most employers will get angry if you do. I do not read them at home because I am not being paid to do so. How am I to know? Besides, at work, concealed means concealed. Who would ever know it's there?

Great. What good does it do you sitting in the car waiting to be stolen? I would not keep my weapon in my vehicle on any regular basis unless I had a safe in there.

Nobody knows if I carry, or if I'm carrying, likewise, nobody knows if I have a gun locked in my car - unless I tell them. I'd rather have one in the car at work than at home if I needed it.

Nobody knows if I carry, or if I'm carrying, likewise, nobody knows if I have a gun locked in my car - unless I tell them. I'd rather have one in the car at work than at home if I needed it.

Really? So if somebody walked into your work and started shooting, you would dash out the back door, retrieve your weapon and then run back in? I don't see any difference between keeping it in your car or at home. Unless its on your person or with in arms reach, it's useless.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back