New York Deer Hunter Kills Toddler With Stray Bullet

HK4U

This is very tragic and just what we don't need. I am sure the antis will have a field day with this.

Link Removed

SWAN LAKE, N.Y. — An upstate toddler was killed by a stray bullet when a New York City deer hunter fired his rifle too close to her grandparents' Hudson Valley home.

Edward Taibi, 45, of Queens was being held without bail Monday after arraignment on a second-degree manslaughter charge in the town of Bethel court. Taibi was hunting from a tree stand Sunday afternoon in rural Sullivan County when he shot a deer. He came down from the stand and fired the .30-caliber rifle again about 400 feet away from a trailer home in Swan Lake, a small community just south of the Catskill Mountains.

The bullet hit 16-month-old Charly Skala in the upper body. She was flown to Westchester Medical Center, where she died. Police said the child's parents live in nearby Woodburne.

Taibi is friends with the owner of the neighboring property and had hunted there before, said State Police Lt. Pierce Gallagher.

His case was assigned to the Sullivan Legal Aid Bureau, where attorney Jeff Bradley said Monday it was too soon to comment on the case.

Several neighbors declined comment Monday afternoon when reached by The Associated Press.

The rifle season for deer opened Saturday in the region that includes Sullivan County. Under state law, it's illegal to discharge a firearm or bow within 500 feet of any occupied residence or business unless the hunter owns or leases the property, or has the owner's consent, according to Maureen Wren of the state Department of Environmental Conservation.

Swan Lake is about 85 miles northwest of New York City.

This is very sad, but it was an act of negligence on the part of the hunter. He could have gotten a similar result by running a red light.

This is truly sad and unfortunate for the family of the child. Know your surroundings. It is also probably not a good idea to hunt deer within 400 feet of a house.

Just what we need ahead of the Obama presidency. I'm wondering if the antis will do an about face and begin going after rifles that are "suitable for sporting purposes." I wouldn't put it past them.

this guy should have known not to shoot toward the house especially with that kind of a weapon that can travel that far. I feel for the guy and the kid. Very sad.

Just what we need ahead of the Obama presidency. I'm wondering if the antis will do an about face and begin going after rifles that are "suitable for sporting purposes." I wouldn't put it past them.

That too will come. The marxist want them all. They will start with one class of guns but it will not end untill they get them all. Now that they have their "right guy" in place it will move fast.

That too will come. The marxist want them all. They will start with one class of guns but it will not end untill they get them all. Now that they have their "right guy" in place it will move fast.

They won't get any of mine unless they are prying them from my cold dead hands.....

As for the negligent hunter, it only takes a handful of irresponsible firearm owners to give the anti's all the ammunition they need.

They won't get any of mine unless they are prying them from my cold dead hands.....

As for the negligent hunter, it only takes a handful of irresponsible firearm owners to give the anti's all the ammunition they need.

ok so lets take that ammo from them, i dont know maybe all the gun owners should speak out against the hunter, give them no place to go.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back