New York Carry Conceal Permit

hunter won

New York State is a may issue state. New York City doesn't recognize any New York state issued license. Nasau,Suffolk,Westchester county all have a restricted type target/hunting or sportsmans placed on the license.The trend now is restricted for most of the upstate counties as well.New York Penal Law doesn't have any law on the books for a permit holder who is carrying out of restrictions to be charged with a crime.Only two types of license are issued in NY Carry or Premise.If you are caught carrying out of your restriction the license is revoked no criminal charge can be made against you.Most judges who issue permits only give a sportsman license and after a year or two you may ask to upgrade your permit to unrestricted.If you apply for a carry it must be concealed no open carry allowed only when hunting deer or bear.It takes about 3 - 6 months to recieve your permit.In NYC its almost imposible to get a carry license however they do issue a target/premise permit which is transported in a lock box.What is most important is that you have no restrictions on your license so you may apply in Pennsylvania and Florida for a non-resident CCW.Yes New York is a tough state to carry concealed.

A new UNrestricted ccw in Erie county, Buffalo

I am new permit user in area wondering where to find literature on where i can and can not carry concealed weapon in Buffalo area.

More than likely Federal Building and hospitals but am not sure.

Any info. is appreciated.

Carrying in NY

I am new permit user in area wondering where to find literature on where i can and can not carry concealed weapon in Buffalo area.

More than likely Federal Building and hospitals but am not sure.

Any info. is appreciated.
You may not carry your gun in any Court, US Post Office,Federal buildings, schools.Many sporting events also prevent you from entering with a firearm.It's not a good idea to carry if your drinking alcoholic beverages at a restaurant.If your involved in a shooting and alcohol is detected your going to be in trouble.Many states require signs that CCW permits are not permitted inside.

I am looking for an outdoor range looking for new members or pay as you go in the Buffalo area.

I am looking for an outdoor range looking for new members or pay as you go in the Buffalo area.

Tonawanda Sportmen's Club - We've got about 400 acres, indoor pistol range, outdoor pistol range, outoor rifle range, sporting clay course, and trap and skeet shooting. And one fantastic lodge. A little less than $300 per year membership. Another $60 for unlimited range passes. Skeet and trap are $4 per session. hunting on premises for deer, turkey, squirrel, coyote and varmint. 351 Pheasant program.

Just 15 miles from downtown Buffalo.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back