New Video on U-Tube on how to Point Shoot with a pistol.

I'm not going to practice or even try this. I'll keep my fingers where they belong. If this was a good technique then the top shooters would use it they don't.

Hold the phone. The 1911 slide stop is "faulty" because it's not safe to use with an oddball shooting technique that it was never designed for? Seems a rather arbitrary judgment.

This guy has come out of hiding again, and is spouting the "fatal flaw of the 1911", and pulling the trigger with your middle finger, and laying your trigger finger alongside the frame....try it with a .357....... idiotic :angry:

His position is nothing more than foolishness. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't the risk of a new shooter trying it and getting him/herself or someone else hurt. He was derided off the Women & Guns Forum a couple of weeks ago, and he ran this same line of BS several times in the last couple of years. He also uses the name "okjoe"

Hold the phone. The 1911 slide stop is "faulty" because it's not safe to use with an oddball shooting technique that it was never designed for? Seems a rather arbitrary judgment.

The 1911 will never be a viable defensive firearm because of this design flaw, and the design will never survive long term.

Oh wait...:sarcastic:

He was derided off the Women & Guns Forum a couple of weeks ago, and he ran this same line of BS several times in the last couple of years. He also uses the name "okjoe"
True!

If you know people that are taking that schmuck's word as gospel, you better set them straight before they do some damage (as mentioned earlier).

I tried this with my Glock (UNLOADED) on the couch.. I "pointed" at the light switch and noticed the muzzle was about two ball parks away. :no:
I am so disappointed :sarcastic:

If you practice shooting bu pulling the trigger with your thumb enough you can get good at it.

My point is by practicing enough makes you a better shooter not a particular method.

Point shooting is nothing new and, yes, it can be done with the 1911. Here's some reading on the subject:

Aimed Vs. Point Shooting | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET

AIMED Point Shooting or P&S For Self Defense

Link Removed

There are many more.

Yep, I don't agree with the OP in whole, but as with all things, there is always something to learn... he is simply offering another tool to put in one's toolbox. I will continue using my trigger finger as a trigger finger, but thanks to the OP guy for posting!

I find it interesting on this forum that we are tempted to flame other's ideas so much. Discussion and disagreement is wonderful, but...hmm..

Now, as to the 1911 issue, you can talk bad about my momma, but don't you ever..... lol :laugh:

YouTube - AGI 301 The Israeli Instinctive Combat Shooting Method

Point shooting is nothing new and, yes, it can be done with the 1911. Here's some reading on the subject:

Aimed Vs. Point Shooting | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET

AIMED Point Shooting or P&S For Self Defense

Link Removed

There are many more.

I don't P&S as the video shows but have trained to P&S at the 3/5/7 Yrd line. No need (IMHO) to aim from that close in position, especially with a 1911. First round off at the waist as soon as it clears the holster and pointing at target. Second round off as it's brought to my mid body center as the left hand is coming up to support. Evaluate and repeat if necessary. THIS is self defense shooting, again IMHO!

Thanks for all your comments, and particularly the one "why not at least give it a listen," or words to that effect.

Read about the same comment on another site's thread, and sent that poster an "e-mail" in which I said that hopefully his speaking out wouldn't get him "run out of town." I also mentioned that it is very odd how many of those in the gun world have a death wish when it comes to shooting, because if they don't understand or like something, they reject it out of hand.

As to the 1911, great piece of machinery, I read the article about it's test by the military.

Still, because of the design of the slide stop, you can't use the index finger along the side of the gun to aim it.

So in a CQB situation when you can't use the sights for any reason, you won't have the option of using a CQ method that works and is deadly, and which the US Army says works.

Here's a link to my latest video on my low-tec aiming aid 4 fast, automatic, and accurate aiming at close quarters.

YouTube - Aiming Aid For Fast, Automatic, & Accurate Aiming

The aiming aid is patented, but individuals are welcome to add one to their personal gun/s at their own risk and expense. I have the patent, so I can say that. US 6023874

Ditto for Police Agencies.

AIMED Point Shooting or P&S
A link to info on how to do that.

With the new flat sided mini's (S&W Bodyguard,Walther PPS, Beretta PX4, Sig P290), the device could be a big help in insuring fast, mechanical, and correct sight alignment, and fast and accurate target engagement even though the mini's are very short.

Of course, if there are sights on the gun, and if circumstances allow for their use, the sights should be used.

Also, if the light is bad, or the situation is a dynamic one, or if the sights are dark and the target is dressed in black and you are at close quarters, you still will have a viable SD option at your disposal.

Consider the aiming aid to be a Sight Shooting assistant, not a device to thwart it.

A couple of magazines and three or four targets at 15 feet +/-, can prove that to be the case.

Even the NRA, recognizes the need for shooting options in real-life violent encounters.

In Chapter 6 - of the NRA's guide to the basics of personal protection in the home that was published in 2000, we find that "...real-life violent encounters occur at very close range, often in reduced-light conditions, and are over in a matter of seconds. One study of Police shootings in a major urban area showed that the majority of encounters took place after dark, at 3 yards or less, in less than 3 seconds, and involved the firing of an average of three shots."

It goes on to say: "Often, either the assailant or the defender - or both - are moving rapidly during the encounter. Such conditions do not permit the careful alignment of the sights on a specific aiming point on the target."*

Thanks again for your comments, and best regards.

There is point shooting where you point the front sight in the direction of the target without a good sight picture, then there is finger point shooting that is espoused by the OP.

Two different tyes of shooting. Please do not be confused.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back