New Update On FL Non-Resident CCW Permit

srshadwi

Days since I mailed application: 105

Days since licensing bureau received my packet: 101

Days since they cashed my check: 66

Licensing bureau employee said they were currently working on applications received on March 2. Since they received mine on March 13, they said I was still at least 1-2 months away from receiving my permit.

Steve

Is there a similar such wait for renewals too? If so, how long before the expiration date should someone reapply?

I don't know about the delay for renewals, but the way it looks, I'll be sending in my renewal a good 6 months before it expires. That should be around the time that they send the "renewal reminder" out.

gf

Days since I mailed application: 105

Days since licensing bureau received my packet: 101

Days since they cashed my check: 66

Licensing bureau employee said they were currently working on applications received on March 2. Since they received mine on March 13, they said I was still at least 1-2 months away from receiving my permit.

Steve

Be patient I just received mine this past Saturday the 27th. This was 124 days from the day I mailed it in February. I talked to a person in Florida the beginning of this month and said they were just finishing up January. So according to your numbers that puts you around March 10th. I sent mine in February 24th. So another 2 to 2-1/2 weeks for you. It's crazy but, you'll get it. Did you see the post about Nevada revoking the Utah and Florida CCW licenses?

Be patient I just received mine this past Saturday the 27th. This was 124 days from the day I mailed it in February. I talked to a person in Florida the beginning of this month and said they were just finishing up January. So according to your numbers that puts you around March 10th. I sent mine in February 24th. So another 2 to 2-1/2 weeks for you. It's crazy but, you'll get it. Did you see the post about Nevada revoking the Utah and Florida CCW licenses?
I mailed mine April 1st, so it looks like I have about a month and a few days to go..
Thanx for the update!!!

I mailed mine April 1st, so it looks like I have about a month and a few days to go..
Thanx for the update!!!

WOW, I am surprized to here it's taking you so long. There's another person who has been waiting 127 days and he's a resident as well. No problem for the update; hope you get it soon.

is it true that PA is trying to ban FL ccw permits?

this is what was told to me, not sure if true.I hope not...

Mailed Feb 16th; Rec'd Feb 20th; Check cashed March 30th ... electronic fingerprints ... still waiting ... Total wait so far: 139 days from day they received it. :mad: Efficiancy in action!! I'm soooo looking forward to my government healthcare!:hang3:

Mailed Feb 16th; Rec'd Feb 20th; Check cashed March 30th ... electronic fingerprints ... still waiting ... Total wait so far: 139 days from day they received it. :mad: Efficiancy in action!! I'm soooo looking forward to my government healthcare!:hang3:
Well .... now at day 146 .. still waiting. Sent several e-mails to employees @ dept of Agriculture ... no responses. Just e-mailed Commissioner Bronson, Congressman Buchanan and my FL Reprsentative, Honorable Ron Reagan ... will wait and see if I get any response. (I find it ironic that out of state people are getting licenses faster than me ... a FL homeowner and registered voter ... just 1 more thing to remember in Nov. 2010)

Mine took me 21 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) the winter before last. I am amazed at how long the wait has gone up.

I spoke with someone who's wife put in theirs in February, and they still have not received the permit (paper prints)..

Well .... now at day 146 .. still waiting. Sent several e-mails to employees @ dept of Agriculture ... no responses. Just e-mailed Commissioner Bronson, Congressman Buchanan and my FL Reprsentative, Honorable Ron Reagan ... will wait and see if I get any response. (I find it ironic that out of state people are getting licenses faster than me ... a FL homeowner and registered voter ... just 1 more thing to remember in Nov. 2010)
Well, after Representative Ron Reagan's office contacted DOA on my behalf (a great thanks to them), they finally actually looked at my application. Now, after 5 months, they tell me they need a copy of my passport (since I immigrated here and am a naturalized citizen). I will send that today; they have told me it will be 4-6 weeks after receipt of proof of citizenship ... I can see the finish line!

Hubby and I submitted our app's and paper fingerprints on the same day. He got his at 123 days, I got mine at 126 a couple weeks ago.

woo hoo I finally got it today..just in time for gun show in PA....dam jersey...check was cashed in April..:biggrin:

Did you see the post about Nevada revoking the Utah and Florida CCW licenses?

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective July 1, 2009

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
Tennessee
West Virginia

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issue at all times while carrying a firearm.

Please note that Nevada no longer recognizes CCW permits issued by Utah and Florida. For additional information, please refer to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association press release link: NVSCA CCW Press Release

CCW Prohibited Locations defined by NRS 202.3673

Link Removed

Well, after Representative Ron Reagan's office contacted DOA on my behalf (a great thanks to them), they finally actually looked at my application. Now, after 5 months, they tell me they need a copy of my passport (since I immigrated here and am a naturalized citizen). I will send that today; they have told me it will be 4-6 weeks after receipt of proof of citizenship ... I can see the finish line!
Well ... finally got it in the mail on Saturday!! Only 6-1/2 months ... efficiency in action.

Yes!

Congrats JayBee, I thought the day would never come. Thanks to Reagan and carry with pride. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back