New toy is in the shop......

KimberPB

I had to take my 2 week old Savage 10FP to the gunsmith today. :cray: It shoots amazing but it appears the bolt is hanging up on a bur making it hard to extract spent cases. I see the problem and wanted to just fix it so it was done but with it being new didn't want to void the warranty. Soooooo now the waiting game starts.

At least I was able to find a case length gauge and can start doing some load workups while I wait.

Sorry to hear that KimberPB. Those warranties always get in the way of my homesmithing. I'm always looking for new load data. Let us know what you're using:pleasantry:

When I first got my Savage 110, it was doing the same thing. I had to pry on the bolt to eject the spent case pretty hard. After running a couple boxes through it, the problem went away.

When I first got my Savage 110, it was doing the same thing. I had to pry on the bolt to eject the spent case pretty hard. After running a couple boxes through it, the problem went away.

Ya I was hoping the samething would happen but after three range trips and 200 rounds I was still having the issue. So I dropped it off to get looked at.

Sorry to hear that KimberPB. Those warranties always get in the way of my homesmithing. I'm always looking for new load data. Let us know what you're using:pleasantry:

I have a couple different combinations I'm going to try. I'm going to try both 168gr Serria Match King's and Hornady 168gr AMax bullets loaded with Varget. I'm going to try that combination with both CCI and Winchester primers. I've heard good things about the 150gr rounds also so I may buy some and try them with both Varget and Tac powders.

Everything will be combined into Hornady match and Federal match cases, once fired and neck sized.

Can't wait to see how they shoot!

168's won't stay supersonic past 915 yards

go with a slightly heavier bullet. 175 or 180 gr.
the 1 in 10 barrel twist is specifically for the 180 sierra boattail at 2600 fps

go with a slightly heavier bullet. 175 or 180 gr.
the 1 in 10 barrel twist is specifically for the 180 sierra boattail at 2600 fps

Ya I had read some stuff on the heavy bullets also and I'll probably try them to at some point.

Thanks Festus

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back