New to site - applying for LTC in Mass

lbwillis

Hi all, forgive me if this is a duplicate post as I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere on this forum already. But since laws have changed in the last year or so here I wanted to try to get some information from people who are in the know. I'm looking to apply for a LTC A in Webster, MA. Just some questions on the best way to approach this, should I get my training certificate prior to talking to the local PD or should I go to the PD first? The process listed on the town website is to schedule an appointment with the Firearms LO. Should I have some background shooting and a certificate before I make this appointment? My primary reason for wanting this is for personal protection. (single woman) I also want to have a license and own a gun before laws getting even more difficult for me to do so. Also, I have read various opinions on what to list as the "reason" on the application. Should I list "all lawful purposes" or "personal protection" etc. Lastly, I don't foresee carrying a gun on me regularly, but often run alone (both trails and streets) and have considered getting mace, would I legally be able to carry it with a LTC? Thanks for any info as I begin this process.

Welcome. Mass is the last state to make pepper sprey available to anyone, no license required.
The best place to get information is northeastshooters.com. This is mostly a Mass site with Mass gun problems discussed on a regular basis.
Good luck.

Thanks! I didn't realize about the pepper spray laws, but that's good news. I'll check out that website. A friend recommended down zero training in Shrewsbury to get my certificate and suggested they would help walk me through the whole process. thanks for the info and reply.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back