New to rifles, need for defense. What's good?

TlWheatley

I've been around handguns most of my life, but now I need to find a good defense rifle. I know the difference between an AR and an AK, any advice?

FN P90 was designed as a personal defense carbine in 5.7X28 caliber. Mount an eTech sight on it and with its 50 rnd mag....your golden!

I prefer my 870 police special with an 18 inch barrel. For the home nothing beats a 12ga shotgun loaded with 00 or 000 buck. Though I prefer 00.

I've been around handguns most of my life, but now I need to find a good defense rifle. I know the difference between an AR and an AK, any advice?

Is this purely for home defense or for "blanket" defense, covering all possible contingents?

I agree a shotgun is great for home defense if this is what you are looking for. I might also sugest if you already have a handgun is to match up that caliber in a rifle as well. 2 weapons 1 caliber. Just an option

I have an 870 and a couple of. 22 rifles. I want to stop them coming up my drive if needed. I looked at. 7mm Savage today.

161e3ar.jpg

I have an 870 and a couple of. 22 rifles. I want to stop them coming up my drive if needed. I looked at. 7mm Savage today.

Are you wanting a bolt action? How about a Mosin Nagant? Either the 91/93 or the M44... I own an M44 and love it! They can be found for cheap, along with the rounds! 7.62x54 will do anything you want it to and it can be found in bulk surplus!

How much are you wanting to spend? My friend and FFL who lives in taylorsville has some items that may interest you.

Within the next few days I'm going to place an order for a .308 AR-10 with fluted, Teflon (black) barrel that is tapped for a flash suppressor. It will have a magpul stock, tactical grip and A3 upper & the flash suppressor. I'll opt out for the forward assist but would like to add a dust cover.

Researching scopes at the moment. Give me a call later if you want to discuss it further.

Always like the M-1 Carbine for a defense rifle... Low recoil. Very handy and pointable rifle. Great for inside the home.
If I really need to shoot father I have other heavy rifles to fill in the distance gap.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back