New to NC license question

bryanflowers

I just moved to NC from FL. My question is can I carry in NC usin my FL CWP? I have switched my FL license from resident to a non-resident CWP. It seems that NC honors non-resident carry permits from states that honor NC's. Just didn't know once I get an NC DL do I have to get a NC carry permit. Thanks for any information.

I just communicated with "the" gun-related guru of the NC Attorney General's Office. If anyone in North Carolina would know the answer to that question, he would.

He said you must contact Florida and be CERTAIN that your Florida permit remains valid after moving to your residence to North Carolina. If it is and North Carolina has reciprocity with the issuing state, your Florida permit is valid in North Carolina...

Since Florida makes provision for "out-of-state permit holders" and you have switched yours to a "non-resident" permit, common sense tells me that your previous Florida permit remains valid and, since North Carolina has concealed handgun permit reciprocity with Florida, it would be valid in North Carolina until it expires...

On the other hand, why chance it? Why not take a North Carolina CHP course (since self-defense and carry laws are different from Florida), apply for the North Carolina CHP and have dual licensure, both with Florida and North Carolina? In total, you're talking the price of less than one consultation with an attorney...

Due to reciprocity law if you possess a Non-Resident FL CCH permit, you are legally allowed to carry concealed in NC as long as the place of residence on the permit matches your NC DL.

However, when your FL CCH permit expires, go ahead and get a NC CCH permit. It won't hurt to have everything match up.

When you do the change of address on the FL website they will not send you a new lic. The change will be reflected in their database and upon renewal time you'll get the information sent to your new address.

eHow to get sexy legs like this? (PIC)?

eI was shocked those 3 states went blue in 2008, I did think the Democrats would win but not those 3 states, do you think those states are going to remain blue states now?rnrnIf so why? If not why?

North Carolina has had a Democrat governor for quite a few years. Also the Tarheels tend to send Democrats to congress, however with that being said, the Democrats out of the Tarheel state tend to be on the conservative side, or Blue Dogs as they are sometimes called. (Not to be confused with sheepdogs.)

Back to the OP's question. NC has an odd permit to purchace requirement for handguns. If you want to buy a handgun you need to get a "mother-may-I" permission slip from the local LEO, however you are expemt from this requirement if you hold a NC CCW permit. So this would be another reason to get the NC CCW.

To give a little background to the history of Democrats running the state of NC, this goes back to the 1898 Wilmington Race Riot, which was the only successful coup d'etat in US history! After the civil war, Republicans were in charge of the state government, many if not mostly freed blacks. This didn't sit well with the Democrats, who lynched, shot and ran off the entire sitting gov't, an took over at gunpoint. Inspired by Josephus Daniels, editor of the News and Observer (yes, THAT N&O!), the coup took over the government for Democrats for over 125 years, right up to the 2010 election!

As such, most of the laws, including the gun laws, have followed the Democratic 'Mother may I' format, till recently. The changes to reinforce the 'Castle Doctrine', and to allow firearms possession in state parks, as well as revisions to conceal carry laws, are all as a result of having FINALLY thrown off the yoke of Democrats.

Just FYI... if you're interested in knowing more, check out the 1898 Wilmington Race Riot on the web, and be sure and catch the N&O's apology. OBTW, Josephus Daniels was key to the election of FDR, a close personal friend to him, and served as Secretary of the Navy under Woodrow Wilson, whose policy served also to lead to our involvement in WWII vs the Japanese.

Josephus Daniels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since there is a instant check when u purchase a pistol, the permit is just an excuse to charge the citizens another fee. Bottom line it's all about money. Just like when u buy a vehicle u pay taxes then and then every year u pay a property tax on it also. I believe the less u have in ur name the better off u are in the long run but that's another story.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back