New to Massachusetts, how is it?

Nga

I am about to move from Phoenix to Boston. How is the law around here, how easy is it for a non resident to get a permit? What are the major differences from Phoenix?

Being spoiled by Scottsdale Gun Club.. Where do I find both the best rangesaround here as well as the best instructors?

Any other information and advice is highly valued

Thanks for your time and respond.

-Nga

Resident permits - it varies from town to town. I'm told Boston and Worcester are the most difficult.

Non-resident permits - not easy, but can be done.

If you're going to live here - I'd start now learning the laws. They are VERY convoluted, the kind that can trip up an otherwise law-abiding citizen. ESPECIALLY do your homework about high-capacity magazines if you intend to bring any with you.

Also - what sort of instruction are you looking for? I'm newly-certified (waiting on credentials from NRA),and I shoot primarily at a private range about 40-50 miles west of Boston.

Does that mean that they have the same limitations on magazines as California have?
And yes, the plan is to live there.

Does that mean that they have the same limitations on magazines as California have?

I'm an instructor, not an attorney...so I can't really give legal advice. But handgun magazines over 10 rounds are generally illegal, with a few exceptions. You can find more information at goal.org or mass.gov

How is the law around here, how easy is it for a non resident to get a permit? -Nga
If you are moving here, your a resident, not a non-resident, so dont worry about the non resident licence. Mass has 2 resident licences, class A and class B. Class A allows for concealed carry. Class B is just a buy, own, and transport licence. I THINK I heard you have to live here for x amount of time before you can apply. As said before, Mass is a "may" issue state, and it depends on the city you are moving to.

yeah, I shot there for years If I remember its also mandatory one year if you have a HG and you arent up to snuff. They dont call them massholes for nothing

Think hard about this. High taxes, high heating costs, cold weather, wall-to-wall liberals... most of us are trying to leave the Northeast.

The bay state

Think hard about this. High taxes, high heating costs, cold weather, wall-to-wall liberals... most of us are trying to leave the Northeast.

I grew up in somerville, mass- as soon as I turned 21 I moved to Maine and have been back once in 40 years and from what I see and hear it has only gotten worse. And liberals? Bostonians are the hardest, meanest yankees on the planet. The working class Bostonian has no time for the ACLU or any of that crap. If you move there you better not be thin skinned cause they will eat you up. For a good range go to North Andover and stay out of Charlestown and Roxbury

I grew up in somerville, mass- as soon as I turned 21 I moved to Maine and have been back once in 40 years and from what I see and hear it has only gotten worse. And liberals? Bostonians are the hardest, meanest yankees on the planet. The working class Bostonian has no time for the ACLU or any of that crap. If you move there you better not be thin skinned cause they will eat you up. For a good range go to North Andover and stay out of Charlestown and Roxbury
I've been to Boston a lot. My wife went to school in Wellesley. Great city. Some tough people there. But this state saw fit to re-elect Ted Kennedy... how many times. That's about as liberal as it gets.

the blonde in the pond, Wellsley college? boy thats a eletist school! God bless you my son- For the original thread, Mass is one of the top 3 states for severe restrictive weapons laws(unless your related to some LEO or other crook) Watch yourself, dont rely on this or any other forum for info on this state. Write the state police and find out ALL info on the laws because they WILL throw your ass in jail over the slightest infraction. Dont count on anyone elses info- get it fro the Comm of MASS or you will go to Walpole as aguest of the bay state

the blonde in the pond, Wellsley college? boy thats a eletist school!
How did you know she's a blonde? :girl_wacko:

Yes, it's a great school. Very expensive. Thank God for scholarships or she would have gone to the state university instead.

MA is the liberal paradise... A cesspool of liberalism. The sheep here bleat loudly and proudly... Move to the west side of the state and your chance of getting a class A LTC with no restrictions more than doubles.. The closer to the city of Boston, the more rights trampling goes on...

Worcester is another PIA for the law biding gun owner. Chief Gary Gemma is a real _______ insert cuss word...

Moving is the plan for the next year... Will have to see how things go with Obamanomics...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back