New to here. .45 opinions

Dancamptv

Hi, new the group but follow on Twitter.
Ruger sr1911 or Remington 1911 r1. Thoughts and opinions?
Also the hogue PowerSpeed™ Universal Speed Holster.
Can't decide. looking for advice.
Thanx.

Ruger's New SR1911 is an great, Affordable Sidearm. I purchased one last week. As far as holsters I never used that one sorry. Good Luck

Though I haven't shot either my vote goes to the ruger. I read that the remington is suggested by the manufacturer not to have +p loads run through it. Or atleast run through it often. It may seem a minor issue considering the pedigree but i see it as an unnecessary limitation the Ruger does not have. Plus i dont like the remingtons thumb safety. My only gripe about the ruger is the the frame and slide are cast not forged. Just my 2 cents....

The RIA Tactical seems to have good reviews from what I have seen around the forums, and is very reasonably priced. I personally prefer the basic GI models, I opted for the Auto Ordnance 1911 and love it.

My Ruger SR1911 is on order, and although I own several 1911s, the wait is getting a bit painful. Everything I have read about this new offering from Ruger says it will be a winner. From gunwriter reviews to actual owner postings, nothing negative to be found. And, once the clammor has died down a bit, you will not find a comparable 1911 at a better price.

Holster? If you are planning on CCW with this 1911, well, here I go again, ...Crossbreed Supertuck, combat cut. Great choice from a great bunch of people. You can comfortably wear a full-size 1911 all day with this holster. Stay safe.

Para GI Expert?

What about Para? They just came out with a new commander size GI Expert. Anybody got any word on these guys?

What about Para? They just came out with a new commander size GI Expert. Anybody got any word on these guys?

The only Paras I have experience shooting are the tactical models with light rails. All were accurate enough and well made. I never had the chance to actually add one to the family but wouldn't be adverse to it if/when the chance comes along.

Get your self a Glock21.

You beat me to it !!! :biggrin:

I wouldn't touch another RIA gun if was the last one in my bag. They may be inexpensive to satisfy that 1911 itch, but the two that I owned never, and I mean never ran smoothly from the first mag. Alway's had a type II failure, even with Wilson and CMC mags. It was embarrassing.

For betting on my life I chose the Glock 21SF. It has yet to fail me.

It may not look like a dream gun, but if you want a good looking nickel plated sisty pistol be my guest. :biggrin:

glock/1911 wars

Gentlefarts,

Must we lower ourselves once again to quibbling about the Glock and the 1911? I cut my concealed carry teeth with glocks 20 years ago, have transitioned to carrying the 1911 a few years back and keep a high cap glock with an AAC suppresor next to the bed. Best of both worlds.

"c-c-can't we all just get along?"
-rottney king- philosopher, derelict

sorry this doesn't address the original ?, btw, I 100% agree with the Crossbreed Supertuck. And I own alot, including Sparks and Rosen.

Quoting a guy who beat up three LAPD cops, wasn't fazed by either mace or tazer, and who was intoxicated with alcohol, high on PCP and crack, and generally :pleasantry:"not nice":pleasantry: does not boost your credibility.

credibility!!? I doan nee no steenkeen credibility. I just need my glocks AND my kimbers. And this chair, and maybe this lamp, but that's all I need.

I have carried concealed for years and shot a lot of handguns. If this is your life your talking about- go light in the weight of the piece, use a 45 230 gr SJHP, and an uncle mike paddle holster. I use all these with a Glock M36- its light and super accurate, no one with any sense carries a heavy weapon for concealed protection, and if you need any more than several of these rounds to stop an assailant you are not at the range often enough- Its your life and you may only have one chance to save it

G, do you own stock in Glock? I personally know a Glock dealer and even he doesn't push them as hard as you do! :biggrin:

I don't know about G50, but i do not own stock in Glock, however if you can show me another brand of firearm that is reliable and bullit proof, so to speak, as the Glocks I will buy one, and don't start about the Wilsons, Bear, Kimber, Sig, or whatever which are all fine weapons, but I'm more sure of my Glock going bang than some of the others

I live down here in Florida where you cant hide your carry easily. You try concealing a 1911A in a pair of shorts. Here its about comfort and stopping power. For these reasons the composite compact glocks beat these other pistols senseless. The felon will be bashing your dentures out of your head before you know what hit you. Some of these threads are such crap, they just make me wonder about the knowledge possesed by some of my fellow CCW. No wonder there are groups out there trying to take your rights away- Read the literature, do some research and make your own informend decision- and please dont shoot me while you try and figure out which end the " bullets" come out of.

Well, I went ahead and bought a Kimber ultra crimson carry ll instead. From what I heard, the Remington stinks and I guess I'll have to get the Ruger next time. Also ordered a custom owb leather pancake holster from Peters Custom Leather (Link Removed). Will let all know how that is when I get it in about a month. Thanks for the help.

I looked at the ruger and remington pistols last week. I ended up with a Springfield EMP, but the Ruger is next.

Ruger

Hey brother go try out a Ruger P345. Its 45cal, slinder like 1911, light weight, 8+1 capacity and a picatany rail.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back