New snubby (Armscor M206)

aacx22

Tested Selected Initiated
I wanted a snub revolver, but didn't have much to spend... after reading some reviews, I decided to go for an Armscor M206 .38sp. The reviews said you'd get a rough finish and they weren't lying. There was some gunk on it, so I asked the shop to clean it up a bit, and they did a nice job. It's not a work of art, but it feels good and solid. The parts move nicely. I'll take it shooting tomorrow... can't wait! For now, here is what you get in the box:

M206_contents_zps1332696e.jpg

It's pretty much bare bones. Also, the trigger lock was not provided... you'll need to bring one when you pick it up.

M206_open_zps44e5fdb5.jpg

Open for business.

M206_front_zps46ce3840.jpg

The business end.

M206_sights_zps543ef84c.jpg

Small sights. I guess that's normal for this type of gun.

Tomorrow I'll shoot, single and double from 10 and 25 feet, as well as checking how the small grip feels. I like how the handle looks, but I'm betting that those who went before me are going to be right, and I'll end up getting a replacement grip. To be continued...

Looks like you took some of the kid's toys there.

I knew someone would bring up the ring. lmao :) Usually I see people use a 12g shell to angle their piece up, but not having a shotgun, I got the next best thing.

Link Removed

Hope the new gun works out great for you!
I don't understand the comment about having to bring a trigger lock when you pick up the gun?

Hope the new gun works out great for you!
I don't understand the comment about having to bring a trigger lock when you pick up the gun?

commifornia rules.... to transport handgun I am guessing you need a trigger lock on it....

Had a lot of fun tonight. It's got some kick. I don't think its quite as much as my SR9C, but still... it's not nothing. Probably a chunkier handle would help make this gun easier on the hand. Still, I don't think the stock grip is unmanageable. I'll probably leave it.

First I shot it double-action from about 15 feet.
M206_15ft_double_zps6a01bbdc.jpg

Next I shot it single-action from the same distance.
M206_15ft_single_zpsa045a792.jpg

Finally I shot my remaining ammo, quickly firing double-action, as well as seeing how quickly I could reload, and seeing how my hand felt... this was the most fun.
M206_15ft_XX_zps7427b6c9.jpg

Then I brought out my SR9, rapid firing 30 rounds, once again, around 15 feet.
SR9C_15ft_Quick_zps791ad5d9.jpg

My information is that Armscor bought the design and machinery from Colt when they stopped manufacturing their fine revolvers. Note the similarities between the m206 and the Colt Detective Special 3rd edition - the Colt frame, cylinder release, and shrouded ejector rod. I have seen and handled the m206. Its finish is indeed rough, but hopefully the internals are Coltish in their performance. Will be interested in reading your range experience with the gun.

My information is that Armscor bought the design and machinery from Colt when they stopped manufacturing their fine revolvers. Note the similarities between the m206 and the Colt Detective Special 3rd edition - the Colt frame, cylinder release, and shrouded ejector rod. I have seen and handled the m206. Its finish is indeed rough, but hopefully the internals are Coltish in their performance. Will be interested in reading your range experience with the gun.

Posted some pics above... I enjoyed shooting it. I do think your hand takes a bit of a pounding and some will probably enjoy it more with more beefy grips. I'm new to firing a revolver and in particular, firing it double-action... but I think it's trigger is not bad at all. I do need to work on my mechanics. I also like the simplicity of a revolver and am secretly hoping that my wife will take to liking it. :)

aacx22, I've owned that same model for a few years and it has served me very well as a "truck gun". I've never had a malfunction with it and it shoots accurately enough for what it's intended for. I replaced the stock grips with a set of Pacymar grips intended for the Colt Detective (the M206 is closely related in overall shape, if not internals) and they help with shooting but, decrease conceal-ability. However, I wouldn't conceal the 206 unless it's all I had, it's a bit of a boat anchor. I did however, lighten the trigger a bit by cutting off three coils of the main/hammer spring, it helped. If you think you'll do this just remember to go 1/2 to one coil at a time and constantly test for strike-force on the primers, I reload so I just kept punching out the primers and re-priming as I went until I was satisfied.

Good purchase!

aacx22, I've owned that same model for a few years and it has served me very well as a "truck gun". I've never had a malfunction with it and it shoots accurately enough for what it's intended for. I replaced the stock grips with a set of Pacymar grips intended for the Colt Detective (the M206 is closely related in overall shape, if not internals) and they help with shooting but, decrease conceal-ability. However, I wouldn't conceal the 206 unless it's all I had, it's a bit of a boat anchor. I did however, lighten the trigger a bit by cutting off three coils of the main/hammer spring, it helped. If you think you'll do this just remember to go 1/2 to one coil at a time and constantly test for strike-force on the primers, I reload so I just kept punching out the primers and re-priming as I went until I was satisfied.

Good purchase!

My favorite is my SR9C. But I really like this little revolver. I like how simple it is. My wife is terribly intimidated by my Ruger, finds the M206 more approachable somehow. Its been hard to make time for the range with my soon coming move, but I'd really like to practice more on the snubby... and in a perfect world, I'd love my wife to try this, like it, and take it from me. :)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back