New Sig

DrDavidM

Thanks to the fact that I went to work Friday and had a bonus check, and from suggestions to someone else from HK4U, I am now the proud owner of my first Sig. I picked up a Sig p250 yesterday. It really feels great in my hand. The modularity of it was such an interesting idea I could not resist. However, at this point my dealer said the different modules run about $400. I am hoping they come down. I have not had a chance to fire it yet. I will let you all know how that goes once I do.

PS. HK4U I did not tell my wife that you are partly responsible for this decision, so she is not mad at you. :D

Congrats, I hope you really enjoy it. I've read great reviews on that pistol. $400 is kind of steep, but Sig is usually expensive. I love my P229R Equinox. Sig is going to be releasing .22lr conversion kits for some of their pistols this summer. I'm not sure if there will be one for the P250 or not.

Anyhow, we're looking forward to a range report and review.

Congrats Doc, on the acquisition of a Sig Sauer! Usually, the only complaint you'll hear about a Sig is the cost. Typically, once you fire your Sig, that complaint goes away - until you want another Sig. Then the process starts over...

Here's a pretty good analogy of owning your first Sig. A guy was talking about "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkien: And I envy my children, for they have not yet read it. Whenever I let someone at the range fire my Sig P220 Compact, they always enjoy it, and not just because they get to push a few free rounds through an firearm. When you look in their eyes, you can see them scheming...

I anticipate your range report and hope it lives up to your expectations.

congrats on the new pistol.. can't say I have shot one of those.. or even held one.. but all the hype is making me curious.

Congratulations on your new handgun:duim:. I, too, am a bit intrigued by the 'modularity' of this pistol. As you shoot and carry it, pleas keep us apprised of your impressions as well as your experiences.

I'm screaming to get one of those! I can't get any of my prefered dealers to order one so I can handle it. My favorite dealer Dave@TD Weaponry here in Clermont said he do it for around $500 or so but, they don't sell Sigs much and I can't buy a gun I can't hold first.

PLEASE let us know how you like it. If you need some help with the range report, I'll find a few minutes of range time for ya. ;^)

Sig

I'm screaming to get one of those! I can't get any of my prefered dealers to order one so I can handle it. My favorite dealer Dave@TD Weaponry here in Clermont said he do it for around $500 or so but, they don't sell Sigs much and I can't buy a gun I can't hold first.

PLEASE let us know how you like it. If you need some help with the range report, I'll find a few minutes of range time for ya. ;^)

Perhaps they will show up at a gun show in your area soon.

20hk7c2.jpg
:icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks to the fact that I went to work Friday and had a bonus check, and from suggestions to someone else from HK4U, I am now the proud owner of my first Sig. I picked up a Sig p250 yesterday. It really feels great in my hand. The modularity of it was such an interesting idea I could not resist. However, at this point my dealer said the different modules run about $400. I am hoping they come down. I have not had a chance to fire it yet. I will let you all know how that goes once I do.

PS. HK4U I did not tell my wife that you are partly responsible for this decision, so she is not mad at you. :D

I'm completely jealous. And you know how it goes around here.....

PICTURES! RANGE REPORT!!

Otherwise, I'm going to have to confiscate it.....

Sig

FYI. Don't know if there is a Cabelas any where close to you but I went by the one here in Fort Worth today and they had one in. It was not going to be there long as someone had called and asked them to hold it for them. Any way I got to look at it up close for the first time. I feel certain that sooner or later I will have to have one.

I am going to try to put some rounds through it today. Then I will try to take some pictures. I probably won't take any pics of my target unless I'm shooting about 3 feet away :) .
I also ordered a Crossbreed supertuck for it. I am excited about receiving it. At this point holsters a very limited, but I have been wanting to try a Crossbreed anyway.

And nobody will confiscate my new Sig!

Well I have no doubt what my new carry gun is. I took my Sig out to the pasture I mean "range" today. I really didn't shoot it as much as I would have liked, but I didn't have that many 9mm rounds at the house. I shot about 30 to 40 rounds. No hiccups of any kind. I was shooting mostly Winchester white box. I also shot a few Hornady TAP 147gr that I had bought to keep it loaded with. I typically don't shoot double action only very well. I was shooting at about 25 feet at an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. The first few I was spraying around the paper like I usually do. Not too bad at 25 feet. However, the last six I shot, I staggered the WWB and the Hornady ammo to make sure it would feed ok. I had about and inch and a half to two inch circle drawn on the paper. The first five shots, off hand, went into the circle (one just grazed the edge of it). The last shot was about four inches low and two inches to the left. I know this was my fault. I had seen how well i was shooting and started thinking too much about getting that last shot in the circle. I have never shot that well with a handgun. Let alone a double action only. It has a very smooth trigger pull. It is fairly long, but obviously not a problem. Everything functioned flawlessly. I could not be more pleased with this handgun. I will try to get the camera out and load some pictures later this week. Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Last edited:
Sig

Yep, I will for sure have to get me one. Right now I carry a HK P2000 SK and a Glock. When I get the Sig I think it will replace the Glock. Nothing against the Glock, it is a fine gun but with the Sig I can get the sub compact frame which makes it even more concealable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back