New reloading component laws

Ed B

I was recently told by a retailer that it is now illegal to purchase reloading components (powder, primers, cases, and bullets) out of state to bring into the state of New Jersey. This was recently enacted legislation however I can not find any documentation to prove this true. Does anyone have knowledge of what this is about?

Thanks much, Ed B

You may have to dig a bit, but I think is saw a posting a few months back that there is Federal legislation in the pipeline to prohibit people from making their own cartridges. Whether or not specific states have enacted this, I do not know.

To make matters worse, I read that there is a bill, ot talk of a bill to serialize cartridges in New Jersey, making non-serialized cartridges illegal!
What a state! They only let drug thugs and gangs carry!

To make matters worse, I read that there is a bill, ot talk of a bill to serialize cartridges in New Jersey, making non-serialized cartridges illegal!

There have been bills in a number of states, Illinois included, and some where you wouldn't expect it to require serial numbers on cartridges. The bills went no where here in Illinois, along with a number of other anti-gun bills this past session. I don't know of any state that has passed such legislation.

I also know of no federal legislation barring the purchase of reloading components out of state. If there were a lot of companies who sell him would have the prohibition on their websites. There are companies who won't ship ammo to the Chicago area, but I think that is a company decision based on fears of law suits.

Someone said that serializing legislation would be unlikely because of the presence of Olin Corporation in Illinois. I can see Chicago politicians voting for such legislation however.

There have been bills in a number of states, Illinois included, and some where you wouldn't expect it to require serial numbers on cartridges. The bills went no where here in Illinois, along with a number of other anti-gun bills this past session. I don't know of any state that has passed such legislation.

I also know of no federal legislation barring the purchase of reloading components out of state. If there were a lot of companies who sell him would have the prohibition on their websites. There are companies who won't ship ammo to the Chicago area, but I think that is a company decision based on fears of law suits.

Someone said that serializing legislation would be unlikely because of the presence of Olin Corporation in Illinois. I can see Chicago politicians voting for such legislation however.

You might want to go to grafs.com and contact them. Reloading supplies are their main business.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back