New permit holder!!

TEET

Hi all!!

I'm a new member here from Wayne county, and I just got my permit in the mail today. I called for an appt in early Feb, I got the application on March 2nd, I turned it in on the 9th, and my permit came today..unrestricted. It seemed like forever, but in reality it was extremely fast! I picked up a Walther P99 in .40 from Gander Mt in Rochester, and the salesman today said the wait in Monroe county (where gm is) was over 9 months...

I'm happy!

Jeff

Congrats! I started the process in Onondaga County in October/November 2008 and can still expect to wait another 3 months before I get my RESTRICTED permit.

The only flaw to Wayne county is they give you a new card for each gun. I now have eight peaces of paper in my wallet. I use to leave the ones for guns I don't carry in my safe. I found my self going to the range with my .22 and not having that permit. Also some time it take a month to add a gun.

Hmm interesting..... The clerk at the sheriffs office said I can just add a new gun to the current permit. It has space for 5 guns I believe. I'll have to look into that a little deeper. They have changed alot of their practices as of Jan this year.. Thanks for the input.

I just got my permit in Jefferson county. The detective told me during the interview that it would be restricted to premise/target/hunting, but i picked it up and it has no restrictions on it!!:biggrin:

Sweet!!:no: I know how you feel!! When I applied for mine, the clerk/assistant at the sheriffs office filled out that section of the application for me as unrestricted conceal carry....she made it sound like if I was going to get my permit approved at all, then it would automatically be unrestricted...kind of like they actually turn down quite a few applications. My backround check was squeeky clean, and I have no prior arrests...she said that was what they were looking for. Interesting how so many counties handle these permits in different ways.

I just got my permit in Jefferson county. The detective told me during the interview that it would be restricted to premise/target/hunting, but i picked it up and it has no restrictions on it!!:biggrin:

Awesome! I'm hoping for a similar twist of fate with my permit, but because I am in Onondaga County I doubt I will be so lucky.

+1

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new CCW and your new firearm.

Great to have you with us!:yu:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back