New Oakland County Guy!

Hippy375

Greetings folks,

Just found this website. Its' cool. Just submitted my paperwork for my CPL today. Hope to get it relatively soon although they are saying 4 weeks. Fingers crossed. Can anyone suggest some decent ranges that aren't too crowded?

Thanks,

Scott

I'm in s.w. mi so can't help much unless you want to head west on I-94 for a couple of hours, good luck finding one and welcome to the forum.:)

R58

Same as Ranger58. SW MI. Good luck finding a good range. They can be hard to find, (good being the key word). Hope your CCW comes through in good time. It is a priviledge here in MI so treat it wisely!

I just joined this forum today......looks like a good one!! I also live in SE MI.....Oakland county.:cool:

Gun ranges

Try Double Action in Madison Hts., or Target Sports in Royal Oak. I preferr Dbl Action, better facities and a better staff.

Welcome

Welcome! This is a great site. I have made a couple posts and everyone is very helpful and have a lot of knowledge.

I hope to get my CCW this summer. Shopping for a carry gun now and will apply this summer.

Congratulations

My youngest son (21) just turned in his paperwork here in Calhoun Co. Feels Just like the week before Christmas dosn't it.:D

Landor,...I took it at a friends house, taught by certified instructor. It was an awesome experience....had a BIG class...probably 30 guys! The only thing that really sucked though, was the fact that it was the coldest day of the year and we had to shoot outside!! YEEOOWW, that was COLD!! Did very well tho,...aced the written test and smoked the targets. Paper work is filled out, now all i need is my pixs and fingerprints and a road trip to the court house! BTW,..I just had some laser grips put on my Kimber....that is a helluva home protection option. I'll carry a smaller S&W 9mm though.

Hope you're all staying warm.....TTYL,
Kimber

Last edited:
It is amazing the amount of info taught at the CCW classes. I even went through it again, (for free), when my wife went for hers. I dare say, that most of us could use a refresher on an annual basis.

I encourage people on the fence to take the class, even if they have no intent of applying for their CCW.

Good luck in the class!

welcome from Genesee county. the best place to shoot in my opinion is in my friend's back yard. talk about not crowded! plus I like running some drills that I couldn't do at a range.. thanks to "no rapid fire".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back