New Mosin Nagant. Cleaned, well oiled, but firing pin is protruding...

stewie-Y

Hey guys.

I picked up a Mosin Nagant and it's almost ready to go, but as I reassemble the bolt and measure the firing pin it is always protruding.

I've watched various videos and tried seeing what I'm doing wrong, but I can't figure it out. I've unscrewed it far enough so that the little gauge on the back goes as far back as possible, but it still hits the 95mm measure on my tool. I also tried screwing it in as far inward as possible, but that obviously just made it it protrude even more.

Here are some pictures of the bolt while I was measuring it. At that time the gauge on the back was sitting flush with the back of the safety.
Link RemovedLink Removed
Link RemovedLink Removed

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Is the M-N a "cock on close" design? If so, the firing pin will remain forward until held back by the sear.

Setting firing pin protrusion on the Mosin should be done so that the pin won't fit under the 75amd just clears the 95.

If it won't clear the 95 gauge then you have it screwed out too far. Rotate the firing pin with your tool, the last notch will fit the flat part of the firing pin, and keep backing it down until it will clear the 95 notch.

Read the instructions on the following site.

Mosin Nagant Bolt Disassembly & Reassembly | Welcome to SurplusFirearm.com

Setting firing pin protrusion on the Mosin should be done so that the pin won't fit under the 75amd just clears the 95.

If it won't clear the 95 gauge then you have it screwed out too far. Rotate the firing pin with your tool, the last notch will fit the flat part of the firing pin, and keep backing it down until it will clear the 95 notch.

Read the instructions on the following site.

Mosin Nagant Bolt Disassembly & Reassembly | Welcome to SurplusFirearm.com

What he said....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back