New Mexico Elk

RDW

Just found out that the wife and I both drew elk tags here in New Mexico. Mine is for the Gila, some of the best hunting for big bulls in the state. My wife drew a cow tag in unit 36, lots of cows there! hope to put two elk in the freezer for this winter.

Man, great luck! :)

What part of the State are you guys located in? My folks have a home and land up in the Cloudcroft area. Love visiting them up in the mountains!

Good hunting!

Man, great luck! :)

What part of the State are you guys located in? My folks have a home and land up in the Cloudcroft area. Love visiting them up in the mountains!

Good hunting!

Hello Matt
We are out of Clovis NM. Cloudcroft is in unit 34 which is right next to the unit where I will be taking my wife for her hunt. She will be hunting around the Riodoso area. I hunted elk near cloudcroft last year right outside of Weed. Beautiful country!! I hope you take advantage of being able to go up to your parents place as much as you can.

Randy

I love elk meat! I am dying to go elk hunting. I would like to find an elk hunting buddy first though.. not sure if my wife would let me pull the trigger if she was with me. maybe I'll start off having her come with me for some small game.
I have heard there are some decent places for elk hunting here in michigan a bit north of where I am. hopefully before too long I will be able to tell from experience.

let us know how the hunt went! and I am so jealous!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back