New Member Welcome Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
The last one got too big so I have started a new one. Post here for new welcomes. Please don't start new threads.

Greetings. I'm a longtime gun owner and ccw holder since 2001. Interested in guns, reloading and whitetail hunting - and have a freezer full of venison to prove it.

:)

Hi, new user from Colorado and completely new to guns.
Here to gather info as I'm very scared to bring guns in my home.
Have small kids.
Will get some range time before buying.

After a while of waiting, I'm glad and excited to become a part of this board. Anyone living in the metro Atlanta area will really understand some of my posts. So, it's going to be fun and educational to be with those of like mind.

Hi all,
I have been involved with guns since I was a teenager. Now I am retired and still shoot and teach guns and bow. I am a Instructor with the Pa Game Comm. and the NRA. I reload and teach it also. I do my own casting of bullets and belong to 3 gun clubs, which keeps me in range lead to cast. I am involved with a new Woman In Arms class for the last 2 years with some other NRA Instructors and it is working out great. The class consists of a Simulator, pistol, black powder, bow, and rifle shooting in one day and the Woman do very good. I teach the pistol shooting in 40 minutes with 22's at 21 ft. and the Woman hit bullseye's a lot after the first couple of shots. Also I do have a carry permit for many years.
Paul

New gun owner here. Actually decided to get one and started the process before this virus hit but now I’m on hold as there are no sitting judges to sign my 1st gun to my permit. Missed by a few days. Gave me time to start to educate myself a bit. I think I have everything I need but the pistol. Ammo was a bit tough. I heard there are some companies that ship to NY home addresses. I ordered and it went through but I’m wondering if it will be denied when they get to it. Any thoughts?

Hi all. New here. I've been carrying pistols since 1995. I know I'm a little late in the game. Before the rioting of late started, never really needed to. I would here and there. Lately I've been working on my stance, draw, etc. I used to carry open, but with people on edge nowadays, I conceal carry everywhere(besides, WalMart has banned open carry). My first pistol I ever got was an Astra A100 9mm that I still have. My ex father in law bought it for me. I carry it for sentimental reasons, but it can get the job done. My main carry pistol is a standard carry Sig P320 with TRL 4 laser/light combo. I use a custom made High Threat Concealment holster for it.

While I'm very comfortable carrying my pistol concealed everywhere, I do try to train on how I would react in a situation where I needed it. In my life I've only had to pull my pistol twice on someone. I was very scared, nervous, but my life was in danger. In both instances, once I pulled my pistol, aimed(I always carry one in the chamber), the other guy backed away. It's a feeling I hope and pray I never have to go through again. I was nervous, scared(although I wasn't shaking as I pointed my pistol). A million things went through my mind: Would I die, would he? Would I go to jail even though I'm only defending myself?

In short, had I not pulled my pistol on the threat when he came at me, I'm sure I wouldn't be here today.

The last one got too big so I have started a new one. Post here for new welcomes. Please don't start new threads.

Hello From Columbus, Ga. Just checking, I am working on getting into hand loading with a Lee Press. Any one have any suggestions? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back