New Member and New CCDW Permit Holder

Chuckie

Folks,

I just stumbled onto this site...and am very glad that I did. I will be picking up my CCDW Permit tomorrow and was surfing the web looking for some helpful information regarding carrying a concealed weapon in KY. I am not new to guns; I just finally got off of my tail and got my permit...better late than never I suppose.

Anyway, as I said, glad to have found this site...looks like a wealth of information and a fine community. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Any suggestions to a new permit holder would be appreciated. You know, like mistakes you made early on...anything like that. I understand the responsibility I have signed on for...don't want to blow it.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your permit. Practice, practice and practice some more. Be vigilant when it comes to situation awareness. Realize that your trips to the range to fire at a piece of paper is not going to reflect what is going to happen when you have a violent encounter. I hope that you do not experience this but it would be better that you be aware and prepared in advance.

+1 for Chief.
Tons of good info here! Welcome aboard!

Once you figure out what you are going to carry. Then comes the fun part. Dressing around your weapon to stay concealed! One tid-bit of advice. TELL NO ONE. Concealed means CONCEALED.

Welcome. Best advice I can give is read, read, and read some more. There is a wealth of information on this site. Also, research a good holster if you dont already have one you like. I have the "box full" of them, and finally found one I like.

Welcome to this group from Missouri here...you asked for mistakes I had made? Here's one I did earlier in the peace: being cocky about having a gun and proud I have one that I almost tell everyone I know I have one. Now that wasn't very smart, was it? Hope you will not follow my example...go to some classes and like others already said here -- practice, practice, practice...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back