New Jersey police release video of cop shooting man with hands up

We reviewed this video in my Patrol class, the general consensus was that the officer panicked and reacted poorly.

We reviewed this video in my Patrol class, the general consensus was that the officer panicked and reacted poorly.

I think most people on here would agree with that assessment. The problem is this "Warrior Cop" mentality that seems to be spreading throughout the US.

and what would I be charged with as a non-LEO if I "reacted poorly"? REACTED POORLY?!? Really? That probably gets the understatement of the year award.

It MIGHT be a good idea if more people were to READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE before putting up anymore pearly, 'words of wisdom' on the board. (Perhaps Officer Days - Who is, also, Black - didn't want to be THE FOURTH POLICE OFFICER to be shot by the, now, deceased Mr. Reid.) Of all the ex-convicts in America whom I would NOT want to suddenly discover sitting right in front of a gun, Jerame Reid would have to be Number One!

There's a big difference between sitting safely behind your computer - all big brave and anonymous like - while pontificating about, 'justice'; and having to actually go out and police America's late night streets where anything can, and often does happen.

It MIGHT be a good idea if more people were to READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE before putting up anymore pearly, 'words of wisdom' on the board. (Perhaps Officer Days - Who is, also, Black - didn't want to be THE FOURTH POLICE OFFICER to be shot by the, now, deceased Mr. Reid.) Of all the ex-convicts in America whom I would NOT want to suddenly discover sitting right in front of a gun, Jerame Reid would have to be Number One!

There's a big difference between sitting safely behind your computer - all big brave and anonymous like - while pontificating about, 'justice'; and having to actually go out and police America's late night streets where anything can, and often does happen.
Link Removed

Link Removed

and what would I be charged with as a non-LEO if I "reacted poorly"? REACTED POORLY?!? Really? That probably gets the understatement of the year award.

I was trying to be diplomatic in my response, Navy. You know I have no problems criticizing LE. The officer murdered that gentlemen when he should have instead simply taken him to the ground for arrest.

The dangers that policing includes do not justify making wrong decisions. We're playing Monday morning QBs to better understand these situations and to learn from them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back