New Holsters

Red Hat

After weeks of searching I finally found some belt clips that would work with my Kydex holsters. I also found some "J" hooks that I'm going to play with.

pic8.jpg

The one on the left is the first IWB Tuckable holster I made for my PF9. I just added the belt clip. The other is for my Llama MinimaX45 I just picked up. Shoots great looks like crap...I'm going to Parkerize it in a few weeks.

pic9.jpg

I made the Llama Holster a little longer than the weapon that way I can use it for my other 45's. I may cut it off later.

pic10.jpg

There's a lot of room to tuck my shirt in. I hope that this summer they are as comfortable as they are now.

pic11.jpg

I made sure that the back of the holsters were longer than the weapon so the top of the weapons won't dig into my skin.

I think I'm going to stick with this design for my weapons. I can wear it OWB, IWB tucked in or not.

I'm impressed! I'm not talented wiht leather work at all - I tend to ruin it... I'll keep it to the pro's... :)

Very nice. I am jealous. I truly enjoy making things, but I do not believe I could turn one out looking like that. Well done!

Wow. How difficult is it to make a Kydex holster? I have a couple of guns that I can't find decent holsters for (or at least relatively inexpensive holsters for) and I've thought about making my own, but it seems like it might be complicated.

Wow. How difficult is it to make a Kydex holster? I have a couple of guns that I can't find decent holsters for (or at least relatively inexpensive holsters for) and I've thought about making my own, but it seems like it might be complicated.
Not hard at all. The hardest thing to find are the belt clips and the rivet set tools are expensive. I made my own rivet tools and they work great. Here the thread when I first started trying to make them and it has a link for the Kydex and rivets. Link Removed

Nice work Red Hat!

Nice work Red Hat! I'm an AF Brat....my dad is retired 27yr USAF. When I was a kid, I lived in 13 different states and Germany. He flew Jolly Greens in 1969-1970, Udorn, Thailand. Rescued a few pilots shot down over Laos and North Vietnam and received 2 Silver Stars and a couple of DFC's. He's my Hero!!! God Bless you Red Hat....men like you and my old man make this country GREAT!!!! Thank you for my freedom!

Surfcc

Thanks for those kind words, Surfcc. I just missed your Dad in Udorn. I was there 72-73. I loved every minute of AF life. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back