New here!

MGunn

I am new to this site and look forward to understanding more about the laws here in Alabama. I just recently got a handgun and plan on getting my CCP this week. I am a 40'something female that travels alone a good bit and made the decision to buy a handgun for my protection. I grew up shooting rifles but this is my first handgun.

Welcome to the site, glad we will have another armed citizen...... Do tell us what handgun you purchased :D

Welcome MGunn. Don't expect to get all the right answers about the law here. With the answers you'll get, the right one might be there but the actual laws should be posted in the Alabama Gov't website.

You also need to make sure those are up to date. If they're wrong and you follow them, it's your fault.

Funny how that stuff works huh?

Anyhow, have fun with us, make sure you're wearing a jacket if your skin is thin:):):)

KK

Another Newbie

Hi All,
I'm another newbie to the site and I'm happy to be here. I've been a conceal carry kind of guy for about 25 years now having CCW in California, Nevada, and now currently in the fine state if Idaho. I look forward to reading and hopefully posting some interesting threads.

Welcome MGunn. Don't expect to get all the right answers about the law here. With the answers you'll get, the right one might be there but the actual laws should be posted in the Alabama Gov't website.

You also need to make sure those are up to date. If they're wrong and you follow them, it's your fault.

Funny how that stuff works huh?

Anyhow, have fun with us, make sure you're wearing a jacket if your skin is thin:):):)

KK
No worries! I have thick skin!!

Welcome to the site! I'm also relatively new to the site and new to Alabama as well. You'll find tons of great info here and lots of people willing to help.

I am new to this site and look forward to understanding more about the laws here in Alabama. I just recently got a handgun and plan on getting my CCP this week. I am a 40'something female that travels alone a good bit and made the decision to buy a handgun for my protection. I grew up shooting rifles but this is my first handgun.

Welcome!
In my experience, handguns require a little bit more skill than rifles do imho.
Practice, practice, practice.
Target shooting is one of the best ways to become both comfortable & confident with your sidearm.
Good luck and stay safe!

Welcome!
In my experience, handguns require a little bit more skill than rifles do imho.
Practice, practice, practice.
Target shooting is one of the best ways to become both comfortable & confident with your sidearm.
Good luck and stay safe!
For me, this is a true statement!! It is much easier for me to hit a target with a rifle! Lucky for me, I have a farm where I can practice all I want!!

Welcome from Lower AL. Can't beat living in the country where you just walk out the back door when you get ready to shoot.

Welcome from Iowa, Congrats. But if you travel out of state make sure you know the laws of the state you are traveling to. good luck have fun and be safe

Welcome, MGunn. Glad to know you lived in Birmingham. My family goes way back there. I'm in Blount Springs now, in the hills about 30 miles north. My cousin has 250 acres a few miles from me, and he built a nice range, complete with movie-set-type buildings to shoot from. Needless to say, I make good use of that facility.

If you're anywhere near me, let me know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back