New Hampshire Non Resident Permit

zeebea

I am just writing to inform, I mailed my New Hampshire Non Resident ltc on April 8 2011. My check was cashed on 15 April 2011. I contacted them today 13 MAY 2011 and was told that the letters to my references "litterally just went in thte mail today". I was also told in order to speed things up I should contact the references and have them fax their reply to New Hampshire as soon as they get it. I am a Massachusetts class A permit holder and according to New Hampshires website was under the impression that 14 days was the limit for yay or nay. It appears even New HAmpshire can't follow rules it itself puts into place. Good luck, until then I will just be waiting i guess.

I can't speculate, because I got mine in 2009, just before they raised the price. Mine took 4 months to get to me. I don't recall my references commenting to me about the process though. I was under the understanding that the price increase was supposed to improve things. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

I can't speculate, because I got mine in 2009, just before they raised the price. Mine took 4 months to get to me. I don't recall my references commenting to me about the process though. I was under the understanding that the price increase was supposed to improve things. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

No, It was intended to help put more money in the states pocket. While also dropping the amount of people who apply for a permit, it worked vary well in doing that. Most people said the hell with it for that price and applied for other state permits that NH honored.

I am just writing to inform, I mailed my New Hampshire Non Resident ltc on April 8 2011. My check was cashed on 15 April 2011. I contacted them today 13 MAY 2011 and was told that the letters to my references "litterally just went in thte mail today". I was also told in order to speed things up I should contact the references and have them fax their reply to New Hampshire as soon as they get it. I am a Massachusetts class A permit holder and according to New Hampshires website was under the impression that 14 days was the limit for yay or nay. It appears even New HAmpshire can't follow rules it itself puts into place. Good luck, until then I will just be waiting i guess.

Yes NH RSA 159:6 states the permit shall be issued or denied within 14 days of receiving the application. You can call the state police's permitting unit, but 80% of the time you will never reach a live person only a answering machine.

Next time send in your application Via certified mail with return recipe requested, then you will have documented proof as to the exact date they received your application.

What a shame/sham! Even NH doing this. The 2A always under attack!

Under attack how? They are not denying him his second amendment rights, it's just taking them longer then NH law states they may take. He is more then welcome to Open carry while in NH till he gets his permit.

90% of the time this is a none issue for resident permits, the whole 14 day thing only comes into play with none resident permits.

@Zeebea

Being from NH let me just say this. Be patient and keep in mind it might be easier to get a NH CCW then a person from NH get a CCW in MA.

I feel bad it is taking long but once you get it it should be easier to renew it in 4 years.

Under attack how? They are not denying him his second amendment rights, it's just taking them longer then NH law states they may take. He is more then welcome to Open carry while in NH till he gets his permit.

90% of the time this is a none issue for resident permits, the whole 14 day thing only comes into play with none resident permits.
You may be correct but wouldn't you consider anything that makes it untimely or difficult an "infringement" therefore an attack on simple 2a rights?

You may be correct but wouldn't you consider anything that makes it untimely or difficult an "infringement" therefore an attack on simple 2a rights?

If you see it that way then sure, but he can still enjoy his second amendment rights while in our state. It's a give take gun owners can't win them all, all of the time.

If you look at it that way then it's an attack on second amendment rights to have to submit to a criminal background check in order to buy a firearm. An attack on second amendment to have a age limit of 18 for long guns and 21 for handguns, Same goes for age limit to buy ammo. Age limit in some states before you can apply for a concealed weapons permit. Attack on second amendment rights in some states that have monthly limits on the amount of firearms/ammo you can buy per month. Attack on second amendment rights in city's that have municipal codes about discharging firearms in the urban compact of the city/town. The list is endless as how someone could see/claim an attack on their second amendment rights.

In this case I would see it as the state not following it's own laws, that they them self's put in place. Do I see them doing this with any mulish intent of depriving him the ability to carry concealed? No, I see it as a over worked and understaffed permitting department. Does that fact that they are over worked and understaffed some how override the fact they did not follow the law? No it does not!

I hear this all the time "I sent my permit application in on such and such a date" "They cashed my check on this date" etc... You need to send your application in by certified mail with return receipt requested. Then you have documented proof as to what date the state received it and you can start the 14 day countdown. After the 14 days are up start calling them everyday. You could push the issue and take it to court if you have money to burn.

A lot of the people who apply for NH out of state permits are what I call "permit collectors" not all but some are. They apply for as many permits as they can, but have no plans of every going to that state. Other state permits last longer then NH non-resident permits do and are honored by NH. They cost less or about the same, hundred dollars for a four year permit seems nuts to me.

I was just trying to inform fellow members that it apparently is not 14 days for a non resident permit in NH. I know for a fact that they had my application on 15 APR 11 because the check I sent them was processed through my bank. That is the date I started to count the days. I contacted them on 13 MAY 11 that is 29 days, according to my math 29 is more than 14 and they had just sent out the reference letters. Those showed up on 14 and 16 MAY and all three were faxed back to them on the 17th. I am not a permit collector, I have a brother that recently moved to NH so I will be traveling to that state. I also have a permit application in for FL as my inlaws have a place there and we travel to NC too.I was going to get a Utah license but I dont ever see me traveling to the one state FL doesn't cover that Utah does which is MN. Like I said it just sucks, and if any of you are planning to cary concealed in NH, just plan on more than a month to get it. I myself do not want to or feel it is a good idea to carry open. I want my element of surprise and don't want to be the primary target of a BG. I don't have a problem with open carry for people who want to do it, it is just not my thing. I will lete you know when it is in.

I was just trying to inform fellow members that it apparently is not 14 days for a non resident permit in NH.

The law is 14 days, no matter who or where you are. Makes no difference resident or non-resident.

I want my element of surprise and don't want to be the primary target of a BG.

Ah, so this is the boat you travel in. Gotta love it! LOL

I was just trying to inform fellow members that it apparently is not 14 days for a non resident permit in NH. I know for a fact that they had my application on 15 APR 11 because the check I sent them was processed through my bank. That is the date I started to count the days. I contacted them on 13 MAY 11 that is 29 days, according to my math 29 is more than 14 and they had just sent out the reference letters. Those showed up on 14 and 16 MAY and all three were faxed back to them on the 17th. I am not a permit collector, I have a brother that recently moved to NH so I will be traveling to that state. I also have a permit application in for FL as my inlaws have a place there and we travel to NC too.I was going to get a Utah license but I dont ever see me traveling to the one state FL doesn't cover that Utah does which is MN. Like I said it just sucks, and if any of you are planning to cary concealed in NH, just plan on more than a month to get it. I myself do not want to or feel it is a good idea to carry open. I want my element of surprise and don't want to be the primary target of a BG. I don't have a problem with open carry for people who want to do it, it is just not my thing. I will lete you know when it is in.

Again per NH state law they have 14 days from the time they RECEIVE the permit application, the 14 days does not start when they cash your check. So it's more then 29 days in reality. I'm glade you don't have a problem with OC because people do it all the time in NH.

The law is 14 days, no matter who or where you are. Makes no difference resident or non-resident.

Ah, so this is the boat you travel in. Gotta love it! LOL

Only one documented case of a OCer being attacked, it was not by a BG but some wacko who was off his medication. I do so love all the talk of "First target for a BG" "followed home and attacked" "Mugged for my firearm" etc....

Just come out and say how you really feel about a subject, don't try and hide behind facts that just are not there as a reason for not doing something.

Only one documented case of a OCer being attacked, it was not by a BG but some wacko who was off his medication. I do so love all the talk of "First target for a BG" "followed home and attacked" "Mugged for my firearm" etc....

Just come out and say how you really feel about a subject, don't try and hide behind facts that just are not there as a reason for not doing something.

And what really ticks me off is, instructors spout this stuff. They may not believe in OC, but do not teach your misguided beliefs to your students. Stick to the facts.

Why would a BG risk being shot while mugging you for your firearm, when they could just as easily steal one in a B&E or buy one for 5 dollars off the street?

Really!! Do you read what is written? This whole thing was to inform you of MY NH ltc time frame. Nothing else. I could care less about certified mail. It's been over 30 days. That's all I was doing was informing you and venting. As for me against oc or conceiled...I don't care how you carry.... I have done both, oc when I was a bit younger, but it is just not my thing. I am a member here because I carry ,not because I don't want people to carry! Among other obvious reasons. The oc reason is not that someone is going to rob me for my weapon, the scenario is more like this.....someone bent on killing people walks into say McDonald's, (remember he is not looking for guns to steal) he casually walks around checking out all the people. You being and oc is eating your bigmac being all that. BG sees your 88 magnum and decides you are the lucky start for his slaughter. I on the other hand have mine conceiled. After I see your brains splattered all over the place I can now rely on a bit of surprise to possibly survive this encounter. Thars it, no hidden agenda, nothing else. I carry every single day, and wish more gg did. I just hide it for a tactical advantage. Nothing to examine, I am more 2nd amendment and constitutionalist than most. NEVER accuse me of anything less!!

Really!! Do you read what is written? This whole thing was to inform you of MY NH ltc time frame. Nothing else. I could care less about certified mail. It's been over 30 days. That's all I was doing was informing you and venting. As for me against oc or conceiled...I don't care how you carry.... I have done both, oc when I was a bit younger, but it is just not my thing. I am a member here because I carry ,not because I don't want people to carry! Among other obvious reasons. The oc reason is not that someone is going to rob me for my weapon, the scenario is more like this.....someone bent on killing people walks into say McDonald's, (remember he is not looking for guns to steal) he casually walks around checking out all the people. You being and oc is eating your bigmac being all that. BG sees your 88 magnum and decides you are the lucky start for his slaughter. I on the other hand have mine conceiled. After I see your brains splattered all over the place I can now rely on a bit of surprise to possibly survive this encounter. Thars it, no hidden agenda, nothing else. I carry every single day, and wish more gg did. I just hide it for a tactical advantage. Nothing to examine, I am more 2nd amendment and constitutionalist than most. NEVER accuse me of anything less!!

Yet another statement that has no documented proof to give it any kind of weight,but keep trying to proof your point and while your at it turn water into wine.

If you choose not to take the advise on how to send in the permit application that is your choice, when it comes to the state it's all what you can proof, not what you think you can proof.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back