New Hampshire non resident permit processing time now 7 weeks

I Just filled out my Application and, excuse my ignorence From what I seen You do Not need an Photo or Finger print card Is This Correct Thank You For Understanding

Nope, you dont need a fingerprint card or a photo. Just a copy of a valid permit from another state.

I Just filled out my Application and, excuse my ignorence From what I seen You do Not need an Photo or Finger print card Is This Correct Thank You For Understanding

Also, you need an unrestricted NY permit. I believe you can obtain a NH concealed license with a PA license to carry firearms.

Also, you need an unrestricted NY permit. I believe you can obtain a NH concealed license with a PA license to carry firearms.

Not sure about the unrestricted requirement...but yes...you can submit a copy of your license issued from any state...

A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you
reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

Going back to the original post, processing time is approximately 7-10 days from mailbox to mailbox... my father filled out his and got it 7 days later in the mail.

I just called to see if the refferences needed to be from NH and was told by the very nice woman that they could be from any state then I asked about turn around time and she told me 2-3 weeks so off it went in the mail but by whats posted here it might be sooner. Non Resident.

Several states have asked me for references over the past two years that I have been collecting CCW permits. So far, no state has contacted a reference to my knowledge.

I just called to see if the refferences needed to be from NH and was told by the very nice woman that they could be from any state then I asked about turn around time and she told me 2-3 weeks so off it went in the mail but by whats posted here it might be sooner. Non Resident.

Came in the mail today. Not bad mailed 8/18 check cashed 8/24.

Why does it take so long? All NH does is verify that you have a permit from your home state and run a NICS check from what I understand. That can all be done in two days. The slow link in the process should actually be the post office, if everything is working correctly.

That amount of people who are applying is the reason that it takes so long. They have a small staff and can only do so many permits at a time.

Exactly. Statute doesnt give more time for non-resident applications.

I'm sure they will change that if needed just like they changed the cost from 20-100 dollars. A vast amount of the people who apply are not applying so they can carry in NH they are permit collectors. Or are applying so they can carry in another state that honors NH permits. The state police with it's small staff in the permit department go as fast as they can to approve or not approve permit applications. If you cant stand the turn around time save your 100 dollars and don't apply.

I'm sure they will change that if needed just like they changed the cost from 20-100 dollars. A vast amount of the people who apply are not applying so they can carry in NH they are permit collectors. Or are applying so they can carry in another state that honors NH permits. The state police with it's small staff in the permit department go as fast as they can to approve or not approve permit applications. If you cant stand the turn around time save your 100 dollars and don't apply.

That may be the case, but they still only have 14 days to do it. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back