New guy from NYC

Ultra12

First of all hello everyone. I am looked around and this is a great site.
I am about to go ahead with my premises hand gun license for NYC since i will never be able to get a CC in NYC. I have contacted Larry Goodson to help me with an application he has been in the business for over 25 years doing just that, helping law abiding citizens get a handgun license. His prices are very reasonable compared to some other places i called that quoted me close to 3k for their services. Unfortunately with the way the application process is i believe it will easier and cheaper in long run to use a service of knowledgeable professional.

After having a log conversation i found out that getting non resident CC permit in states like Florida and Ohio will give you the right to CC in most of the states but will violate my NYC premises license, since it will clearly state that its restricted to only premises, hunting and target shooting. Unless i get CC license in NYC i technically cant use my NYC premises registered hand gun to carry in any other state. i cant use it for hunting or target shooting in fact it can never leave NY state.

How do you guys deal with this Bull crap of laws? how much are they enforced? have anyone ever heard of what i mentioned above? did anyone ever get in trouble?

I think there was a court case were someone from Long Island tried to take there gun out west and got in trouble. I will try to find it and post it. I find it funny and lol every time I'm on long Island that I can carry my gun. Some one that lives there should point that out to them some time. Good luck on the NYC stuff. Hope it goes smooth.

First off Ultra12, I'd like to welcome you to USA Carry. I'm sure you will find this site very informative and a wide range of knowledgeable members who will be more than happy to pass along any useful information to you concerning any questions you may have.
In reguard to your question, I only have this to say... Don't test theories. The last thing you want to find out is that is was illegal for you to carry and now you've lost the privilage to carry or even own a gun. Do your homework and gain as much info as you can. Good luck to you.:pleasantry:

Welcome to the site.

I would seriously consider moving. There is no sense in paying all that money and still having your constitutional rights trampled. It really ticks me off when municipalities restrict law abiding citizens from owning or carrying firearms for personal protection:mad: You could move to a gun friendly state and not have to deal with attorneys and all the other red tape nonsense. Then you could buy and own as many guns as you like. And carry them! Imagine the possibilities!!!:biggrin:

How would getting a Florida or Ohio CCW license "violate" your NYC license? They're not connected in any way.

You need to do the following: (1) get a Utah CCW license, (2) get a Florida CCW license, (3) get out of New York City, and (4) get a CCW license in your new state.

Actually, I know a guy who got a CCW license in NYC. This was a while back, but he said it's not as hard as people think. You just have to get help from someone who knows how to do deal with all the tricks the city pulls to derail your attempt, specifically how to answer every question on the application, and exactly how to argue your case when they try to deny you. Naturally, this type of help ain't cheap.

But anti-gun New York Times owner Arthur Sulzberger has a CCW license, and so does anti-gun Senator Charles Schumer. It's possible if you want to go to the expense and trouble.

When you carry out of state you will not be carrying on your NYC lic you will be carrying on your out of state Lic.

For example I have a Nassau Target permit, I also have a PA non resident permit which is not restricted, if I leave NY and go to PA, VA, GA or anyone of the states that accepts my PA permit I will be carrying on the PA permit not the NY one so I will be breaking no laws even though my NY permit is target. NYS restrictions do not apply to permits issued by other states. My PA permit is for self defense and I can carry concealed legally in the states that honor that permit.

Additionally from what I understand most NYS counties and NYC included HATE when applicants use services to assist with pistol permits they actually look for more reasons to deny you. If they do deny you; than when you apply for an out of state permit you will have to state that you were denied a pistol permit and explain which could delay that process or make the other agencies not issue you one.

My advice stick with the restricted permit for the time being apply for the out of state ones and help us fight these arbitrary restrictions.

Link Removed

The Long Island Firearms community is sponsoring the NY freedom fund, a challenge to PL sec 400 to shift the burden of proof from the applicant to the state and to get rid of these ridiculous restrictions.

I wish you luck on your process

When you carry out of state you will not be carrying on your NYC lic you will be carrying on your out of state Lic.

For example I have a Nassau Target permit, I also have a PA non resident permit which is not restricted, if I leave NY and go to PA, VA, GA or anyone of the states that accepts my PA permit I will be carrying on the PA permit not the NY one so I will be breaking no laws even though my NY permit is target. NYS restrictions do not apply to permits issued by other states. My PA permit is for self defense and I can carry concealed legally in the states that honor that permit.

Additionally from what I understand most NYS counties and NYC included HATE when applicants use services to assist with pistol permits they actually look for more reasons to deny you. If they do deny you; than when you apply for an out of state permit you will have to state that you were denied a pistol permit and explain which could delay that process or make the other agencies not issue you one.

My advice stick with the restricted permit for the time being apply for the out of state ones and help us fight these arbitrary restrictions.

Link Removed

The Long Island Firearms community is sponsoring the NY freedom fund, a challenge to PL sec 400 to shift the burden of proof from the applicant to the state and to get rid of these ridiculous restrictions.

I wish you luck on your process

+1
NYC firearms division does frown on people using "services" and during your interview will specifically ask if you were either "coached" in the questions they will be asking and if you used a service for your application. Actually, on the NYPD website there is a warning about using outside services.

Another better and cheaper option is to have "Westside Pistol & Rifle Range" type up the application for you for small fee and they can answer ALL questions you have regarding your permit.

That was my understanding as well however since the gun is registered on you NY premises license supposedly its in violation of NY license. PA has no problem with that or any other state but if it ever gets back to NY that you carry a NY registered gun somewhere else they can technically take your privileges away.

[B. . . ]if it ever gets back to NY that you carry a NY registered gun somewhere else they can technically take your privileges away.[/B]

Well, at least New York recognizes your Second Amendment privilege to keep and bear arms at the pleasure of the government.

But I'm having a hard time believing that carrying your firearm legally in Pennsylvania or Idaho can get you in trouble in New York. I guess anything is possible, though. If you're really worried about it, get a different gun for use in other states.

As far as using a service goes, of course New York doesn't want you to use one. But that's all the more reason to do so. It's like the police telling you that they frown upon arrestees who hire lawyers. Do you really think those dozens of ads in the New York newspapers are there for no reason? Actually, I don't know quite what "service" refers to. You get a lawyer who specializes in that field.

I just can't imagine living like that. Those kind laws scare me so much worse than than any person or gang could ever scare me. I could not live by them. I would have to go to Texas or better yet Alaska.

Hey Ultra12, Glad you found the site. ;)

Guys, Its not as easy as you might think to just pick up your life/family and MOVE out of a state just because you don't approve with some of the BS laws. Some of us would love to get out of NY, but we have ties here that just wont allow us. So we make do with what we got and play by the rules as much as possible. Ultra12, hire a lawyer to help you with your process. You CAN do it without one but it will take you about a year to untangle all the read tape and cost about a grand anyway.

If you follow all the laws in PA, and NY I don't see how you could get into trouble in NY for carrying in PA. Get your NY license, gun, PA CCP and when you travel from NY to PA pack and lock you gun in accordance to NYC laws. When you get to PA for your hunting trips, carry your weapon as you are legally permitted to do so. If you are questioned, present your PA CCP. As long as you are following every body's rules, I don't see how you can get into trouble, although I may be wrong. Ask your lawyer what his legal opinion is about the matter.

New York has a diverse set of restrictions set by every county,some are lifetime and some are not.If you live in Delaware county your very lucky because you are in a pro gun county.For example my friend was trying to apply for a Pennsylvania non resident permit at one of the bordering counties with New York.The Sheriff saw his license which was restricted and requested that he have those restrictions lifted before a CCW permit can be issued by his office.He made an appointment with the judge to have the restrictions taken off.The sad thing is that he had just got his permit and never mentioned to the judge the first time around why he requires a permit for other than target and hunting.He was denied, because he didn't show a need to carry where he lives and didn't meet the requirements to be able to have an unrestricted permit.There are some good courses being offered at Gander mountain for getting non resident ccw permits for Utah which allows you to carry in PA and many other states.New York doesn't recognize any out of state pistol permits.It's nice to be able to go to over 30 states carrying concealed.

It's ridiculous that it's easier to carry in Pennsylvania on a Utah or Florida permit than it is to obtain a Pennsylvania non-resident permit. "The sheriff saw his license which was restricted"? Why would the Pennsylvania sheriff see the New York license? Pennsylvania is a "shall issue" state to non-residents. What do restrictions put on a license in New York or Washington DC or Belize have to do with Pennsylvania law?

That was my understanding as well however since the gun is registered on you NY premises license supposedly its in violation of NY license. PA has no problem with that or any other state but if it ever gets back to NY that you carry a NY registered gun somewhere else they can technically take your privileges away.

Well look at it like this. You cannot purchase a weapon in another state on an out of state lic. You have to purchase it on the permit you have from your state of residence, or if you buy out of state than in most cases you have to have it FFL'd back to NY. Therefore so you do not break any laws in either state you would have to carry your NY registered gun on your out of state permits, unless you can rent or borrow a gun in the state you plan to carry in. Additionally I don't see how if you take your property to a different state and bring it back to NY and follow the laws here they can revoke your permit.

It's ridiculous that it's easier to carry in Pennsylvania on a Utah or Florida permit than it is to obtain a Pennsylvania non-resident permit. "The sheriff saw his license which was restricted"? Why would the Pennsylvania sheriff see the New York license? Pennsylvania is a "shall issue" state to non-residents. What do restrictions put on a license in New York or Washington DC or Belize have to do with Pennsylvania law?

To get a Lic. in PA as a non resident you have to provide them with a copy of your resident state permit to prove that you can legally carry a firearm in that state. Even though many NY permits have restrictions on them, technically they are all concealed carry. Some sheriffs and states realize this and some do not. My fathers county of Monroe was one where my NY restrictions would have gotten me a restricted PA permit so I did not apply to the sheriff there.

Centre County is where myself and most of the people from LI and NYC go to get their PA permits, because the sheriff there understands NY permits more than others and you can do everything through the mail.

I have contacted Larry Goodson to help me with an application he has been in the business for over 25 years doing just that, helping law abiding citizens get a handgun license.

After having a log conversation i found out that getting non resident CC permit in states like Florida and Ohio will give you the right to CC in most of the states but will violate my NYC premises license, since it will clearly state that its restricted to only premises, hunting and target shooting. Unless i get CC license in NYC i technically cant use my NYC premises registered hand gun to carry in any other state. i cant use it for hunting or target shooting in fact it can never leave NY state.

I'm afraid you have been misinformed. As suggested, if you have no criminal record or obvious reasons for denial, you might be better off handling the application by yourself. Just take the time to learn as much as you can. I suggest you visit Long Island Firearms.

Of course you can own a concealed handgun in NYC as long as you are a politican. This politican in NYC has an unrestricted carry concealed license. This same politican is dead set against any average person having a permit. Was stated that using a cioncealed handgun in self-defense is not acceptable to be used bythe average person. But he is allowed to do so. What is this saying, his life is more valuable than your life or or wife and chrildrens lives?

NYC does issue a special unrestricted permit to people who do business in the city that have a NY permit already.You need to show cause.Many have a business carry from Nassau or Suffolk which requires them to carry cash to make purchases in NYC.Is it difficult for a regular person who just visits the city to get one yes.You must show cause,a radio show host who lived in Nassau just recieved a special unrestricted permit and was complaining how difficult it was because he needed to get a permit first where he lived than waited over a year to obtain his NYC special unrestricted permit.

My sincerest sympathies for having to live in NYC. The way things are going in this country, my sincerest sympathies to all of us. Say hello to Mayor Bloomberg for all of us--I hear he is a nice guy and is a quitessential dictator---you obey his laws, you do as he says, he stays mayor until he decides--sounds a lot like the garbage in the whitehouse. I would not worry much longer about your permit. Our own little hitler will see that we are all unarmed and then he can have free rein on whatever is left of this country.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back