New Gun Laws in NJ

I also left NJ, kelcarry. I now have a nicer house that cost half what my Jersey house cost. The property taxes are lower, too—by 94%.

New Jersey is fast losing its middle class. Its rich don't care what the taxes are; neither do its poor, since they receive tax money instead of paying it. Most middle-class earners are fleeing to Pennsylvania, but plenty are also going to Virginia and North Carolina. In fact, NJ will lose an electoral vote after the 2010 census.

I'm also hoping to leave NJ to go out west. I just need to save up enough money for a place to live while I look for work.

I hope you're right that NJ loses another electoral vote after the census. I heard that NJ lost one after the 2000 census, but I don't know that for sure. I would just love to sit back and laugh at NJ losing its influence on presidential elections!

Get out while you can! There's a better life out there and just think you can spend all that tax money you save at your local gunstore in your new chosen state.

Luckily for me, I work at my computer and can live anywhere there's a broadband connection. The Northeast once offered a wide variety of jobs as well as high wages, and many people were willing to pay a premium to live in New Jersey, with its proximity to New York City and Philadelphia. New Jersey offered plenty of blue-collar jobs, too, at U.S. Steel, several Ford and GM plants, and many other manufacturers.

But New Jersey politicians, in the good times of the 1980s and 1990s, gave away the store to (1) the public employee unions; (2) the chronic poor in the cities; and (3) the public schools, which have deteriorated badly over the past three decades. The state ran out of money years ago but maintained the charade by raising taxes and then by borrowing and using accounting tricks. It got to the point where New Jersey voters were forced to choose between a liberal Republican and a Bolshevik Democrat. Now the state's last hope is that Chris Christie can right the ship before it takes on more water.

Newark and Camden were perfectly livable cities as late as the mid-1960s. We all know what has happened since, though.

In the 2008 election, New Jersey had 15 electoral votes; it will have 14 in 2012.

Other states that will lose a vote from 2008 to 2012: Pennsylvania, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New York. Ohio loses 2.

Washington, Utah, Nevada, Georgia, Florida, and Arizona each gain 1 vote. Texas gains 3. (Note that these are all pro-gun states.)

California stays at 55 electoral votes even though more than a thousand productive citizens per day have fled the state over the past decade. That taxpaying population has been replaced by the tax-draining Mexican poor.

Lots of great points made by everyone. I've lived in NJ my whole life. The amount of waste/corruption and far left politicians is unreal. The trend of good, hard working people leaving the state, along with businesses is disturbing. I'm locked in for at least another 19 years with my job. After that, it's gonna be goodbye also, if i can make it that long!

I'm also hoping to leave NJ to go out west. I just need to save up enough money for a place to live while I look for work.

I hope you're right that NJ loses another electoral vote after the census. I heard that NJ lost one after the 2000 census, but I don't know that for sure. I would just love to sit back and laugh at NJ losing its influence on presidential elections!

Damn! It only takes about $2k to get out! Find a CHEAP motel or apartment or ROOM in someone's house. Work a couple months, and get something nicer. Get...out!

Lots of great points made by everyone. I've lived in NJ my whole life. The amount of waste/corruption and far left politicians is unreal. The trend of good, hard working people leaving the state, along with businesses is disturbing. I'm locked in for at least another 19 years with my job. After that, it's gonna be goodbye also, if i can make it that long!

19 years? Will your job be there for another 19 years?

GET OUT!

New Jersey...I bought my 1st house in Central Jersey, lived in Middlesex County for 25 years. I bailed. Moved to southern Virginia and although it's not my "dream town" It's better than Jersey!
Property taxes are 1/3 what I had
Cost of living is much cheaper
Car insurance is MUCH cheaper!
And this house hasn't lost the ridiculous amount in value my old one did. ( I feel bad for the people who bought it)

Left Jesey & never looked back...Jersey, the state where buying hollow points was legal, selling them was also legal...but you could not possess them:hang3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back