New Glock 27

Dhaught

Well I picked up my new Glock 27 from Eagle guns here in Concord today. This is the first Glock I've owned, I've shot two or three others. I was always impressed with the ones I've shot in the past and got a great deal on this one with night sights installed. I start my CCW class tomorrow night so I may end up using this gun to qualify with.

Looking for some suggestions from other G27/26 carriers as to what CC holsters I should check out. A local shop carries Blackhawk SERPA, and Galco's. Just wondering what others with experience carrying prefer.

Thanks.

Dan

Re: Glock 27

I've been carrying a Glock 27 for quite some time. I have tried many holsters and can tell you with no hesitation that, in my opinion, there is no better holster than the Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB. It is amazingly comfortable, it offers great concealment, great retention and it has a lifetime warranty. They also offer a money back trial period. In my opinion you won't find anything in a store approaching the Crossbreed, save your money for the Crossbreed or you'll end up like most of us with a box full of holsters that aren't being used. If you have any other specific questions let me know.

Congrats, I also have a G27 among other Glocks lol............ Glock is my favorite, you will not be disapoined....................................

It's not my favorite anymore but, I did carry a G27 for a very, very long time and it served me well. Just not big on .40 like I used to be.

Shoot it and shoot it a LOT. Have fun!

Cops 'N Glocks?

Glocks seem to be the gold standard with pro to novice sport shooters and many CCW types, any one got an idea if the Glock is moving into standard issue for any police departments, or will the Beretta 92/M-9 be around for ever with P & S? UC & detectives prolly get their pick of a good pistol, but IMHO the Beretta is a military weapon designed for a hi sustained rate of fire with a 9mm (Ball/FMJ) less knock-down kinetic power round, and how many cops get into firing in a year what many infanrty M-9 issed troops shoot on a single bad day in B-Dad. Not cutting either weapons down, but is a Glock standard issue with any PD's in any U.S. police arsenal that any patron knows about?
Curious,

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Canis, there's about 30 different departments in FL alone that issue Glocks. I had a choice of Sig or Glock in Stafford County VA and I know there's a huge following of Glock packing LEO world wide. Standard issue for Honduran Police was a Glock 18 last I heard and I know that at one point U.S. A.F. pilots carried the Glock 19.

Last stats I've seen it was somewhere aroud 80% of LE agencies have the Glock in their department as "standard issue" for at least one section of the department.

gf

Must B a Budget Deal?

Man G.F.
Thanks Memphis. I guess it's probably budget driven, every LEO
I have seen around here are still sporting revolvers. Never asked
what type, the kind of questions best left out of coversations with
LEO's unless U know 'em and they trust U.
V.A. Security R packing M9's still.
Thanks 4 da feedback, I'd take a hi-cal Glock over a Beretta 92
any day if rumbling with BG's was my trade.
6 shots then a speed-loader quick dump revolver
is (IMHO) out-gunned by a BG packing a Glock hi-cal (10+1HP's+extra mags).

Canis-Lupus

Congratulations on the G27! We have 2 - His 'n' Hers. Hers has a LaserMax laser sight installed. Works like a champ if you're inclined to such things and quite easy to install, even for a guy like me with 10 thumbs.

Many Happy Holes!

Before giving you a recommendation on a holster, what exactly is your preferred mode of carry? Do you carry IWB, OWB, crossdraw, in a shoulder holster, or some other way?

Well I qualified at the range for my CCH class and applied yesterday for my permit so in about 60 days I should have it if all goes well, 90 days tops. I've been to the range twice with it and I can manage to keep all the shots in a group I could cover with my hand at 21 feet which I think is acceptable considering the short barrel and long trigger pull. The trigger is my biggest complaint about the gun but I understand why it works the way it does. The recoil of the .40 S&W is pretty acceptable for a gun that small.

I've tried a few different holsters to get an idea of how best to carry and I think IWB, strong side, is going to be my preference. Any suggestions?? The OWB stuff I tried just sticks out too far. I've been using an uncle mikes IWB holster around the house getting used to it. It seems decent for a cheap holster but I've been told there are much better alternatives out there. Crossbreed super tuck is one that I've heard many good things about as well as the "Smart Carry" below the belt line, front carry holster. With my normal attire I can conceal the glock very well IWB with the uncle mikes.

I'm sticking with the glock for a while but I must say that it seems pretty wide now that I got it home and have been trying to conceal it. If I had it to do over again I think I'd look closer at the Walther PPS. It was a very narrow gun but I didn't like the mag release when I first looked at them. It may be something I could get used to though.

Oh and while I was at the range the other day shooting my glock I rented an old Kimber .45 they had as a range gun and I put my first 4 shots at 21 ft all touching each other. What a gun! That will be next on my list.

Well I qualified at the range for my CCH class and applied yesterday for my permit so in about 60 days I should have it if all goes well, 90 days tops. I've been to the range twice with it and I can manage to keep all the shots in a group I could cover with my hand at 21 feet which I think is acceptable considering the short barrel and long trigger pull. The trigger is my biggest complaint about the gun but I understand why it works the way it does. The recoil of the .40 S&W is pretty acceptable for a gun that small.

I've tried a few different holsters to get an idea of how best to carry and I think IWB, strong side, is going to be my preference. Any suggestions?? The OWB stuff I tried just sticks out too far. I've been using an uncle mikes IWB holster around the house getting used to it. It seems decent for a cheap holster but I've been told there are much better alternatives out there. Crossbreed super tuck is one that I've heard many good things about as well as the "Smart Carry" below the belt line, front carry holster. With my normal attire I can conceal the glock very well IWB with the uncle mikes.

I'm sticking with the glock for a while but I must say that it seems pretty wide now that I got it home and have been trying to conceal it. If I had it to do over again I think I'd look closer at the Walther PPS. It was a very narrow gun but I didn't like the mag release when I first looked at them. It may be something I could get used to though.

Oh and while I was at the range the other day shooting my glock I rented an old Kimber .45 they had as a range gun and I put my first 4 shots at 21 ft all touching each other. What a gun! That will be next on my list.

practice "trigger reset" with the Glock. It may help out a lot with accuracy.

gf

Personally I prefer an IWB holster and the Milt Sparks VersaMax-II is the best one made!
I have one for each gun I CCW. Milt Sparks Holsters

2yy9flg.jpg

Congratulations on getting qualified. At least you're trying out different ways of concealing instead of doing what I did and doing it haphazardly after receiving the CCW. Clearly, you've been doing your research.

Many agencies here in AZ are going to Glocks....a lot of Sheriff's Dept. have switched to them...9mm as well as .40 cal.

I have the G19, G20, and G26.

Many agencies here in AZ are going to Glocks....a lot of Sheriff's Dept. have switched to them...9mm as well as .40 cal.

I have the G19, G20, and G26.

The G20 is a BIG gun, but very fun shooting. :) A buddy is going to sell me his because he's fed up with the high cost of ammo. It would go nicely with my G19, G23 and G27.

Many LE agencies commonly issu the G17 or G22 as a standard sidearm. Many agencies are moving toward the G17 to save on ammo costs.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back