New dog can't agree on a name

JD Beam

*generic catchy phrase*
My wife and I started fostering dogs, we currently have an English Pointer that we have both fallen in love with. Now we are going to adopt her and can not decide on a name.

We already have a basset hound named Lucy (wife's dog) so I decide to put it out here for suggestions. So lets see if all the good advice on here can get a suggestion that my wife can agree with lol.

I am hoping I can get her trained up to the level my old English springer was.

I had a wacky neighbor one time that had a dog they called "poochie", but her real name was Dave.

I commend you and your wife for being active in dog rescue. My wife and I are pretty involved also, mainly with dachshunds. Be careful if you're like us. We really suck at fostering. The last three fosters are still here and they aren't going anywhere. Been 3 years now ;-)
Enjoy...

I have a white poodle and a black poodle... they are Ebony and Ivory.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Fostering didn't work out very well for us... he kind of stayed! Have three dogs now: Chex, Baxter, and Remy.

Since nobody's said it yet, I'll go for the obvious... who else would Lucy's companion be but Ethel? No idea if it would suit her, and who knows if anyone would get it nowadays, but just imagine the looks you'd get calling them...

Ella. That way you can call her back by yelling "Ellalalalala!" when she is chasing an animal or too busy being a dog to pay attention. Dogs go bananas when you play on their name. Mine will get so excited he pees. Hope he grows out of it.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Beauregard Nathanial sounds pretty prominent. Bo for short. Of course I'm from the South originally. A lot rests in the name. (not saying anything about my Northern Neighbors)
-
Thanks for adopting........

Well all these names are good, I think the dog picked her own name.
my wife and i sat there and were reading off names and the puppy just laid there on the couch with us. I said "what about Mara" and the puppy picked up her head. turned and looked at me.

So looks like she choose her own name. Only took 2 weeks ha ha ha.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back