new cc permits

srdougm

I am going to start the process to get my cc permit. Has anyone actually gotten their permit in the last 6 months or so?

And county... You posted in California's forum, but there I think it depends largely on where you are within that state. I think they're a "May Issue" state, so could be quite difficult.

And county... You posted in California's forum, but there I think it depends largely on where you are within that state. I think they're a "May Issue" state, so could be quite difficult.
Absolutely correct. If you happen to live in Santa Clara county, make a $350 donation to the sheriff's re-election fund and it will go smoothly.

Didn't know it was county specific. I live in Yucaipa, San Bernardino county, am 72 and have a clean record.

Didn't know it was county specific. I live in Yucaipa, San Bernardino county, am 72 and have a clean record.

Hey, I grew up there! Don't live there now, so unfortunately can't help you, but nice to see someone who knows where that is! One of my classmates still works at Jose's on Yucaipa Blvd.

Just did a quick google search and came up with this: Concealed Firearm Carry Permit in California: Information Database

Looks like you have to demonstrate "Good Cause" to get a concealed carry permit, but they do have good suggestions (even on wording so you are more likely to get one). See the last one under the "Good Cause" section... I suggest you take up the hobby of camping if you don't already. Odd that concealed carry is permitted for anyone in most California campsites. Keep in mind, that is not actually from San Bernardino County, so while good advice, take it with a grain of salt and make sure you check what the sheriff's office says specifically.

thanks for the information, specially the website. Jose's is one of my favorite places to eat. Moved here form orange county and love it.

I just got mine in Sacramento and previously held one in San Bernadino County. I feel it was easier there as the most difficult part in Sacramento is actually getting the first interview, which has to be applied for online. It can take months to get one. After that the process is pretty painless and in both cases 2 days of classroom education and range shooting were part of the process. In San Bernadino County the class was held at the Sheriffs training facility which was very interesting and enjoyable. In both cases I think being a business owner helped the process as you have to show "just cause" to apply.

Your age will help too. Us "old timers" (some snot nose kid call me that a few weeks ago, ruined my day) cannot fight off someone as well anymore. Anyway the interviewer add that to mine. My first interview was scheduled about 7 months after initiating, then some opened up at 4 months. The live scan took another month to get scheduled. It took about 5½ months total. I'm in Placer County.
The Utah non-resident permit took 1½ months.

Just did a quick google search and came up with this: Concealed Firearm Carry Permit in California: Information Database

Looks like you have to demonstrate "Good Cause" to get a concealed carry permit, but they do have good suggestions (even on wording so you are more likely to get one). See the last one under the "Good Cause" section... I suggest you take up the hobby of camping if you don't already. Odd that concealed carry is permitted for anyone in most California campsites. Keep in mind, that is not actually from San Bernardino County, so while good advice, take it with a grain of salt and make sure you check what the sheriff's office says specifically.

Look at the logo on the CA flag... they be in bear country. :) Open carry at campsites is to protect you from the warm, furry, cuddly beasts with claws that'll rip your face off.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back