new BS

blacksharkL82

too old to run.
NEW YORK: New York State Senate May Consider Numerous Anti-Gun Bills! While last day of session was set for Monday, June 22, the Senate returned to Albany to act on unfinished business. Law-abiding gun owners, hunters and sportsmen should stay tuned, as numerous anti-gun measures were pending action when the Senate leadership battle commenced and they could be taken up at any time. To learn more about these bills, please click here.

Registration Scheme Postponed Once Again in Albany County On Monday, June 22, the Albany County Law Committee once again postponed Local Law "A" until next month's meeting on Monday, July 27. Local Law "A" would require that a valid firearms license be shown when purchasing ammunition in Albany County. The law would also mandate that retailers keep a record of all ammunition sales, including the type, caliber, and quantity of the ammunition, the make, model and serial number of the firearm it is for, as well as the purchaser's name and address. Please contact the members of the Law Committee IMMEDIATELY and voice your opposition to Local Law "A." Contact information for the members of the Law Committee can be found here.

From NRA, newsletter.

"...retailers keep a record of all ammunition sales, including the type, caliber, and quantity of the ammunition, the make, model and serial number of the firearm it is for..."

Sweet. So when you go to Walmart to pick up your blazer brass, pull out your concealed gun, and start reading the serial number off to the clerk. See if they think that's a good idea. :to_pick_ones_nose:

One other thing... what if your gun doesn't have a serial number? I have a 30-30 that my grandmother gave me after my pappy died and it pre-dates the 1968 serial number requirement. Aha! That's how the dems will render those evil firearms useless! You either have a serial number and report it to us or you can't buy ammo!:hang3:

What if you don't have a firearm that uses the ammo you are buying? Normally people wouldn't buy ammo they couldn't use, but these days it isn't a stretch to think people might buy ammo first and a weapon that fits the ammo, later. I have been buying reloading dies for common calibers that I don't own. Whenever I find one at a good price, I buy it. Doesn't hurt to be prepared. I suppose that's the next thing they'll start tracking.

and more

And additionally, which 9 mm or whatever?/ I don't buy ammo for a specific gun since I have several in the same caliber. Could just pick the one you use the least and further frustrate their system.... just one more example of government being clueless about what the real deal is and how to manage it.

"...retailers keep a record of all ammunition sales, including the type, caliber, and quantity of the ammunition, the make, model and serial number of the firearm it is for..."

Sweet. So when you go to Walmart to pick up your blazer brass, pull out your concealed gun, and start reading the serial number off to the clerk. See if they think that's a good idea. :to_pick_ones_nose:

no kidding. that would go over very well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back