New Blackhawk Serpa!

Dvst8r

My gun is a S&W sigma 9mm. Just bought the blackhawk today and I love it. Love the look. Love the trigger lock. Really comfortable. Its actually kind of a pain in the ass to take it off my belt because of how my belt is secured to it, but thats a good thing to me. Also have a Pachmayr grip and I love it too. Now im wondering what else is there to do to to the sigma. Ive seen that ppl modify Glocks alot so I was just curious.

279185_246702672022477_100000482376847_1007197_7260729_o.jpg

You could do Trigger job, to make the trigger pull easier if that bothers you, I personally did not mind it, its a safety feature to me.

Now im wondering what else is there to do to to the sigma. Ive seen that ppl modify Glocks alot so I was just curious.

Rip out your pigtail spring which will take 1lb off the trigger weight. You can also take off the outer sear spring which will take off 3 more lbs. That will leave you with a very nice 6lb trigger. While it's apart you can also polish the sear itself for a smoother break. However I would NOT recomend the replacement striker springs that people put in them, as they make create a fail to fire.

Rip out your pigtail spring which will take 1lb off the trigger weight. You can also take off the outer sear spring which will take off 3 more lbs. That will leave you with a very nice 6lb trigger. While it's apart you can also polish the sear itself for a smoother break. However I would NOT recomend the replacement striker springs that people put in them, as they make create a fail to fire.
Your talking rubbish to me lol. Id have to take it to someone for something like that. The trigger is hard to pull but when i fired it i didn't even notice it. Ive read that it gets easier to pull the more you shoot it.

It's actually a lot easier than you think, unfortunately it WON'T break in, people say they do, but they just get used to it and don't realize it. All Sigma are designed to be MA compliant regardless of where you buy it. If the 10lb trigger doesn't bother you and your accurate with it you've got it made. Aside from the MA trigger there great guns. I sold mine when I bought my M&P but have nothing bad (trigger aside) to say about my Sigma.

I have the same holster for my M&P .45 and love it. The .45 is no small firearm and the holster holds it securely without any wobble. I removed one of the inside clips on the front side to ease the removal of the holster. Did nothing to the stability of how it sits on the belt. Enjoy, I look forward to fall, winter and spring as I can use it daily. My IWB is not nearly as comfortable but that's just as much my choice in the firearm I like to carry.

I have a Blackhawk Serpa for my Sigma .40sw and my 1911. ( the 2 guns I carry the most). I also recommend trying a theis holster for your IWB needs. ( www.theisholsters.com)I have one for both carry guns. His holsters look like a crossbreed without the cost or wait time. I normally go into a long winded rant about why I didn't go with crossbreed but I won't do that this time. Tommy is a great guy to deal with and uou won't n1 disappointed. I feel the same way about Jimmy over at Kholster. (Link Removed) He makes a similar holster I love as well.

I have that same holster- except in the "carbon fiber" version.

I found it to be versatile, It can be set it up for cross draw, hip carry or a little further back..4-5 o'clock position.

Beware though, there are youtube vids showing how easily it can be snapped off & taken from you. There are also vids showing how a rock or similar debris can "lock" the release button, making it almost impossible to remove the weapon.
I think with awareness of the potential issues & some care, you're unlikely to have a problem.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back