New Ammo 380

casey97

This guy did a very comprehensive set of video reviews of many different types of 380 ammo. Lehigh XP Xtreme Penetrator is new and different so he tested it. The XP in other calibers massively over penetrates, but seems to be right in the sweet spot for a short barreled 380.

Please view and let me know what you think. I will post the comprehensive reviews in a comment, but here is the new ammo.

Ammo Quest .380 ACP: Lehigh XP Xtreme Penetrator test in ballistic gel - YouTube

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

.380 ACP Ammo Quest

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgNSGOEQko_MjOCGyqlMTiM2njdQQRbdg

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

Yeah, I've watched his earlier videos. Here are my personal observations, applicable to me only.

1) That guy has been doing videos evaluating .380 ammo for a while. I have noticed that when he endorses something, it gets to be "out of stock" very quickly almost everywhere. If you believe him, I would stock up on that ammo right away.

2) There are so many articles and posts out there trying to justify .380 as a defensive round. I'm not saying it isn't a good round, it just makes me nervous when people continuously feel the need to defend it. It doesn't make me feel all that secure carrying the caliber. Keep in mind, this guy's former findings are that the MAJORITY of .380 ammo is does NOT meet the FBI standard for law enforcement ammo, including some of the "household names" in higher calibers, like Speer Gold Dot and Hydra-Shok. He concludes there are just a few exceptions in .380 ammo that do meet the standard. That's cutting it too close for me.

3) What his research has meant to me is to set 9mm and .38 Special as being my minimum for defensive rounds. If I want something that just goes bang and makes a hole for a "psychological stop" I'll carry a .22.

He tests all kinds of ammo. I personally think 380 is fine. Then again I am a hypocrite who carries a 40 caliber Glock 27 most of the year and a LCP when clothing makes that a non option.

I used to be in that camp; the 9mm is the boundary below which one never goes….until I started actually carrying a cw regularly. The .380ACP is simply too convenient and easy to conceal and that makes it very useable in too many situations were you cannot risk having your cw blown…and I carry in those types of situations.
So; first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. For me, that pretty much automatically rules the .380ACP semi-auto into the equation.
For years, I have read almost everything I have come across about real world gun fights and I cannot find any really good evidence that leads to conclusion that the .380ACP is not a good useable cartridge for self-defense. All of the .380’s failings and weaknesses have been duplicated in all the other handgun calibers. And the strengths of having a handgun with which to fight have been repeatedly demonstrated by plenty of little old ladies with their .22s.
I load my G42 with Fiocchi 90 gr. hollow points just don’t worry about it anymore. Shot placement and willingness and mindset to fight are the most important things you can have going for you. After that, what happens, happens...so deal.
(It only took two .380ACP bullets to start WWI. The Archduke and his wife were both put on the deck with just one bullet each.)

Do not walk up to your vehicle to change spark plugs holding a pair of needle nose pliers wearing a tuxedo. Fail

Failure could / would also be the outcome of a gang attack if someone only had a single stack ginky round gun.

I cannot buy a car on a debit card with a daily limit of $300.

In your mind, figure out what you need SHTF and work with that.

I carry as a minimum 30 rounds of hollow point .40S&W in two Glock 23's. If i see the need, i carry additional mags.

You guys carry single stack. 380s if you want, but i perceive a possible larger threat than that.

Ask anyone having done a felony stop that went bad what they wish had been better and you often get as a responce, more firepower, more ammo. The living officers from the FBI Miami shootout have interviews on you tube. Before anyone goes out the door in the morning wearingba .380, you should watch that.

On the news just now, rape victim in park set on fire. The gang lit the woman up with gas. Her rescuers reported flames four feet high as the nude woman was screaming.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back