New AK-47!

surfcc

I put $100 down on an AK-47 (Romanian) on Wednesday! It comes with two 30rd mags and a sling. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. I should have it paid off before Dec 25th. Just in time to give myself a little Christmas present! Anyone else with an AK-47 or variant there of, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Surfcc

P.S. Thanksgiving Day swell was a solid 2-3 ft Over Head! Caught some nice waves. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas to you! I do not have an AK-47, but I have heard they are indestructible. I know many people on here have them. There is an AK47 group forum.

congrats.. I have a Romanian AK-47 also.. 3 40 round mags.. I love it. it is very reliable.. and soooo much fun to shoot!!!.

Thanks Scarecrow! Looking fwd to shooting it! By the way.....know of a good padded case, soft sided, with enough compartments, etc for my new AK-47? Thanks.

Surfcc

Who makes decent AK's? Also, what's a good price for one? Are they marked way up like everything else right now?

Just curious.

I too am interested in some day getting an Assault Rifle.

I figured the AK has a good reputation for being inexpensive (As compared to other such as the AR-15.), durable and reliable.

I don't know too much about AK-47s though and would like to learn more and perhaps shoot one.

I'm not sure if anyone would rent one though. I'd really not like to buy something and realize afterwards that I don't like it.

Go ahead and join the AK47 group and have lots of fun with your new toy when you do eventually take possession of it.

Glockster20,

Thanks for the links. I guess I meant to ask which versions are good (bulgarian, romanian, russian, polish, chinese, etc....)?

Are the prices on the AK's at those 2 links normal, or are they inflated like everything else right now?

Glockster20,

Thanks for the links. I guess I meant to ask which versions are good (bulgarian, romanian, russian, polish, chinese, etc....)?

Are the prices on the AK's at those 2 links normal, or are they inflated like everything else right now?

The prices are inflated because of huge demand. Any of the east European models are usually pretty good although about 15 years ago I had a Norinco (Chinese made) AK that had the thumbhole stock. It also had a milled receiver which was very rare for those models. It was a reliable weapon but I sold to a guy in Texas for $450. I bought it for $300 so I made a few extra bucks off the sale. Anyway, almost all AK's have stamped receivers. I have been eyeing the Czech VZ rifle with the milled receiver.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back