New addition to my carry gear!

KimberPB

Well, the UPS guy paid me a little visit today and drop off a few new pieces of gear. I picked up a Gould & Goodrich paddle style mag case (B830-1) and a stainless Kimber mag.

magholder.jpg

When I ordered it said it worked with 1911 mags but, even with the tension screw very loose, it still seems very tight. Is there a trick to break it in? I'm going to be using it in a tactical class on the 19th and would like it to come out a little easier. Thanks guys.

Don't know if there is any trick other that putting a magazine in and leaving it for a while. Like most holsters I think they are made to be a little tight and then ease up a bit with time and use.

Don't know if there is any trick other that putting a magazine in and leaving it for a while. Like most holsters I think they are made to be a little tight and then ease up a bit with time and use.

Thanks HK thats what I figured. I had already put a mag in and planed on wearing it around until the 19th. Hopefully it'll br good to go by then.

You could also try to work the mag around in the holder. Another thing to do would be to practice pulloing the mag from its case. This pulling and returning will aid in break in

You could also try to work the mag around in the holder. Another thing to do would be to practice pulloing the mag from its case. This pulling and returning will aid in break in

Thanks Palmach. I set the retension last night and pulled the mag in and out 20 times or so. Then left the mag in over night with the tension cranked down to were the mag would hardly come out. Woke up this morning adjusted the tension and much better.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back