New addition in 308

cruzthepug

I've had my eye out for a 308 to add to my collection and yesterday I was at Gander Mtn and they are having a Memorial Day (weekend) sale. They have new and used guns marked down, actually saw a few good buys. I had spotted this Thompson Center Icon several weeks ago but only glanced at it because it was used and they wanted $799 for it. Yesterday I noticed it had a sale tag and was marked down to $594. Not knowing that much about the gun I looked it over and it was really hard to tell it had ever been fired, went home and started some research. The sale ended today so I had to do some quick searching. Reading several reviews about how accurate the rifle was and seeing on Thompson's website that it was certified sub MOA @ 100yds, I decided to go back this morning. After another lookover and striking the deal, I ended up getting it for $594 with a box of American Eagle ammo (20 rnds) and an additional 5% off.

Got it home and mounted a Bushnell scope, now to the range to see what she'll do.

Link Removed

Nice catch. Be sure to post that Sub-MOA group.

Not sub, but 1.25 MOA @ 100yds. Not too bad I guess off bags with bulk ammo. I bought some 168gr Sierra Matchkings to handload. Once I get them done and off a proper rest I'm hoping for sub. Gun will shoot better than I can, that's for sure.

4712635153_e750eb4b65.jpg

Looking good. Can't wait to see the results once you dial it in

SWEET! The semi-autos are nice, but I am still a serious sucker for the bolt gun. They were, and always will be my favorite. I'm envious!:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back