New 9mm....Glock or Springfield Xd??

Both are as mentioned good guns. I have shoot both and can only recommend you to both and see what you find to be the best fit for your hand.

My choice would be the XD simply because I find the Glock to be a bit boring.

Both are as mentioned good guns. I have shoot both and can only recommend you to both and see what you find to be the best fit for your hand.

My choice would be the XD simply because I find the Glock to be a bit boring.

When it comes to a fighting weapon, boring is beautiful! :biggrin:

Glock for the win in my book if you like the XD I can understand that.

A couple of things that swing the Glock for me are shooting wise a lower bore axis.

The biggest thing for me is there are more people selling Glock parts and CGA's than there are hookers in Hollywood. Break your gun in the morning and you can shoot it later in the morning. The XD could take you a week to get running again. Call SA in the morning get an RMA and then ship it in for repair then wait until they ship it back. SA doesn't sell parts.

That being said I haven't checked on that for a few months maybe SA is selling parts now.

Well, you know what I am going to say. :biggrin:

Here's another vote for Glock - buy the G17/19 for target practice (a 9mm will not save you - sorry had to add that) then buy a G22/23 barrel and magazines and you have 2 for 1.

Should I list the 10,000 other reasons to have Glocks? No, I'll give everyone a break. :laugh:

Glock for the win in my book if you like the XD I can understand that.

A couple of things that swing the Glock for me are shooting wise a lower bore axis.

The biggest thing for me is there are more people selling Glock parts and CGA's than there are hookers in Hollywood. Break your gun in the morning and you can shoot it later in the morning. The XD could take you a week to get running again. Call SA in the morning get an RMA and then ship it in for repair then wait until they ship it back. SA doesn't sell parts.

That being said I haven't checked on that for a few months maybe SA is selling parts now.
I just have to step in and say that Springfield Armory has the most amazing customer service. I say this from experience. I have an EMP .40.
I called them and mentioned that the holster that comes with the gun is great except that I am left handed. They Fed Ex'd me a lefthanded one N/C, wow!
Then I mentioned that the slide lock was a bit difficult replacing on the new gun. No prob. They sent me one that they shaved a little off. They should have mailed it to me but they Fed ex'd it. Damn, again N/C.

Well, you know what I am going to say. :biggrin:

Here's another vote for Glock - buy the G17/19 for target practice (a 9mm will not save you - sorry had to add that) then buy a G22/23 barrel and magazines and you have 2 for 1.

Should I list the 10,000 other reasons to have Glocks? No, I'll give everyone a break. :laugh:
My first gun is a Glock 17. Was thinking of getting a Glock 22 because of the rail. So either way I could go .40 or 9mm with just a change of mags and barrels.
Since the 17 is pre ban it would be legal to carry in Mass. with the over ten capacity. Does that mean if I changes the barrel and mag to make it a .40 would I still be able to carry more then ten since the numbers prove it is a preban gun. Interesting scenario.
BTW A Glock is a no brainer but as per the OP I wonder why he doesn't consider the XDm instead of the XD >>>>> comments please. Thanks

My first gun is a Glock 17. Was thinking of getting a Glock 22 because of the rail. So either way I could go .40 or 9mm with just a change of mags and barrels.
Since the 17 is pre ban it would be legal to carry in Mass. with the over ten capacity. Does that mean if I changes the barrel and mag to make it a .40 would I still be able to carry more then ten since the numbers prove it is a preban gun. Interesting scenario.
BTW A Glock is a no brainer but as per the OP I wonder why he doesn't consider the XDm instead of the XD >>>>> comments please. Thanks

Sorry to disappoint but I know nothing about Mass laws and XDs and I never comment when I ain't got a clue. I would suggest you talk to a local gun shop that carries Glocks - they should know (and I said should).
I will return to my original comment and reverse it - you can get a G22 and then a G17 barrel and mags and practice with cheaper 9mm rounds that are "somewhat close" to the "feel" of the .40 - I know some who do this. One word here - in my carry, I always practice with the exact gun and ammo combination I am carrying because I want to know the gun, ammo, feel, and so on.

I have Springfield Armory and Glock pistols in .40. They are nearly equal to me. The grip safety of the XD may be an advantage to some owners.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back