Nevada!!

Don't even know your own law.

As I stated in my previous message All New permits must show for a interview. Renewal's are by mail, if there has been no significant change N yes it is standardized across the state so your rumor source needs to recheck their sources.

My primary source is your own State legislature. Pity you don't even know your own State law.

Look at MCL 28.425a (7).

(7) The concealed weapon licensing board may investigate the applicant for a license to carry a concealed pistol. The investigation shall be restricted to determining only whether the applicant is eligible under this act to receive a license to carry a concealed pistol, and the investigation regarding the issuance of a license shall end after that determination is made. The concealed weapon licensing board may require the applicant to appear before the board at a mutually agreed-upon time for a conference. The applicant's failure or refusal to appear without valid reason before the concealed weapon licensing board as provided in this subsection is grounds for the board to deny issuance of a license to carry a concealed pistol to that applicant.

It's not rumor, it's your own State law. Appearing is at discretion of the county gun board.

Don't do me any favors but it's a Pitty we have a great deer hunting season n need to take more of them off the road, it's your loss.
The only thing I am remotely interested in hunting is wild boar in the Ozarks in MO.

I'm not going to invest any more time on this topic as I am getting a very bad return on my investment. I have demonstrated that I have done my due diligence on the topic by researching the MI and NV laws and definitions.

FYI, got my MI Permit in 2003. I live in Ingham County, and the county gun board did not require me to appear before them. I received a post card telling me I could pick up my permit at the County Clerk's office. So, it appears that not all Michigan County gun boards require first time applicants to show up.

FYI, got my MI Permit in 2003. I live in Ingham County, and the county gun board did not require me to appear before them. I received a post card telling me I could pick up my permit at the County Clerk's office. So, it appears that not all Michigan County gun boards require first time applicants to show up.

I've got to say this is a surprise to me, when I received my first permit in 2001 all of the gun boards were requiring all applicants to show, (which led to some real large meetings mine had over 50 applicants).

During the 2003 first renewal cycle (permits were originally for 3 years, now changed to 5) they started mailing permits for renewal's only. Reasons stated at the time of this was due to the continuing high amount of permit applications it would reduce the burden upon the gun boards.

It would appear some jurisdictions chose to loosen it and under PA 381 of 2000 sec 5 (7) they could, and apparently are in some of the smaller jurisdictions. This section of the law allowed the gun boards to use this form of discretion but they are neither making law, nor are they defining law they are simply following the law.

Which brings me to the point of when the fight was on for our CCW law I called, visited with our Representatives, , mailed letters, wrote letters to the editor, went on talk radio shows for, worked with Grass roots groups, and marched with others to help get our law enacted, basically took a very politically active stance.

Our law's are in the hands of those that are answerable to the voter, most police chiefs are not they are a appointed position with no repercussions if they go renegade on you, the fact NV lets it chiefs decide and make law and Letting a non lawyer decide what reciprocity means is just messed up on so may different levels.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back