Nevada To No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Permits

HUH??? Is this a fact or Jail House Law? Are you saying to members of this forum that they can travel to Nevada and open carry without a permit?

It there anybody up for trying to open carry in Nevada without a permit as a non-resident?:fie:

From what I understand of the law, OC is legal here without a permit. But, if you are planning on doing it in Las Vegas, have your attys number right by your license.

I have a non-res permit for NV and live in Las Vegas and would never consider OC here, there's too many degenerates around for me to advertise that I have a gun.

I took the course at The Gun Store in Las Vegas. From 3 yards, you fire 6 left handed, reload and fire 6 right handed in 60 seconds. From 7 yards, fire 6 anyway you want, reload and fire 6 more. The same from 15 yards for 36 shots total.

From what I understand of the law, OC is legal here without a permit. But, if you are planning on doing it in Las Vegas, have your attys number right by your license.

I have a non-res permit for NV and live in Las Vegas and would never consider OC here, there's too many degenerates around for me to advertise that I have a gun.

How can you have a nonresident Nevada permit and reside in Las Vegas at the same time?

How can you have a nonresident Nevada permit and reside in Las Vegas at the same time?

Indeed.

When ever you move, NV law requires you to notify the Sheriff department that issued you your permit, where you moved within 30 days of moving. When changing from a non-resident to a resident, LVMPD requires you to turn in your non-resident permit for a resident permit.

Indeed.

When ever you move, NV law requires you to notify the Sheriff department that issued you your permit, where you moved within 30 days of moving. When changing from a non-resident to a resident, LVMPD requires you to turn in your non-resident permit for a resident permit.

I understand that you have to notify the issuing Sheriff department of any address change within 30 days. I don't understand the resident/nonresident statement you posted.

Even though I have a Nevada nonresident CFP from Washoe County, the permit itself does not state it. An address change within the issuing county will require a new permit and turning in the old one. I am not sure how it works if moving to another county. I think the issuing county would have to be notified of the move as well as the county that you are moving to. They will issue a new permit upon verification that your CFP is valid and is in good standing.

Is there any way to get a Nevada non-resident permit without actually traveling to Nevada? I was able to get my Utah non-resident permit by going to a class given by a certified Utah instructor in Idaho and then everything else by mail.

Is there any way to get a Nevada non-resident permit without actually traveling to Nevada? I was able to get my Utah non-resident permit by going to a class given by a certified Utah instructor in Idaho and then everything else by mail.

Nope, class must be taught in NV by a licensed instructor. The application needs to be filed in person in the state of NV.

gf

Can someone point me to a quality instructor to get a non resident permit for Nevada. Needs to be in the Reno area, as that is closer to where I'm at.

Thanks..

At this time, no chance at all. Been there, done that. I didn't mind going to Nevada to take the instruction.

Can someone point me to a quality instructor to get a non resident permit for Nevada. Needs to be in the Reno area, as that is closer to where I'm at.

Thanks..

I took my instruction through Semper Firearms. Mike Motta is an excellent instructor and I think you will benefit from his class. He is flexible when it comes to scheduling too. If you're in the Reno area, he can come to you for the classroom portion. Of course, you will have to follow him out to do the live fire qualification. I registered for a class at his facility. It was just my brother and me. Initially, it was intended to be a private class, but someone wanted to take the renewal class. No big deal. I was charged for the regular public class rate.

Mike is not just about making money. Staying alive is what he teaches. Trust me, this guy is good.

Here's the link to his website:

Semper Firearms Training - Home

AD military. I kept my OR license and vehicle registration, so when I applied for the CC permit I got a non-res permit. One of the perks for AD personnel; I don't have to pay the insane vehicle reg fees nor do I need to get my car smog tested.

Funny thing is my OR license has my LV address on it :D

Dose anyone know what the requirments are for one state to recognize anothers ccw laws ?
Just wondering why Colorado doesn't honor Nevada when it does honor Utah it seems Utah is easier to get
Maybe I'm looking for Logic from state government :cray:

I took the course at The Gun Store in Las Vegas. From 3 yards, you fire 6 left handed, reload and fire 6 right handed in 60 seconds. From 7 yards, fire 6 anyway you want, reload and fire 6 more. The same from 15 yards for 36 shots total.

That course is well and fine - to be considered "additional training" - AS LONG AS the student is NOT disqualified if/when he/she cannot pass those additional requirements.

Note the NSCA Training Standards document says:
these standards are a minimum requirement, nothing precludes an instructor from providing additional training.

Additional training is NOT the same as additional requirements.

Here is the requirement specified by the NSCA:
6 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards 6 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

5 yards 12 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

7 yards 12 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

(for a total of 30 rounds fired)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards 5 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

5 yards 10 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

7 yards 10 rounds No time limit Freestyle stance and grip

(for a total of 25 rounds fired)

It is my opinion a student must be passed/certified upon meeting the minimum requirements established by law and the NSCA.

This is my personal opinion.

I am a member of the NSCA CCW Sub Cmte - the first ever civilian appointed; but to the best of my knowledge, we've not discussed this particular issue. Hence, my personal opinion.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back