Nevada now honors Florida's CCW's.

Cool, now we can carry at WallyWorld!

Yeah, I know, I know; we've been over this a hundred times...

:D

HEY: CA CCWInstructor--when are you gonna call Arnie and get us reciprocity too?

That's great news. I'm heading there in Feb. for the Shot Show. Now I'm just waiting for my FL permit to come in.

YEA!!
And, unlike AR, NE, & LA, it is truly reciprocal. I just read the FL DOACS page and they DO honor NV CCW.

Shot Show is held in a prohibited area...

That's great news. I'm heading there in Feb. for the Shot Show. Now I'm just waiting for my FL permit to come in.
Unless the Las Vegas Convention Center which is owned and operated by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority has changed their policy, it's a posted public building and thus a prohibited area for civilian CCW holders under NRS 202.3673.

It's about time! I've had to resort to "car carry" all this time. I've had my FL permit since '05 and I just got the NV permit. One less permit to renew in the future.

Last edited:
Resident / Non-Resident Permits

Am I correct in reading that NV makes no distinction between Resident and Non-Resident permits from FL?

That's the way I understand it, according to the interactive permit map on this site. Also the wording on the Nevada Dept. of Public Safety website does not stipulate that the permit holder must be a resident of the state. Here's the link:

Link Removed

That is correct...

There is no statutory requirement that a recognized CCW holder must reside in the issuing jurisdiction. The only requirement is that you must not be a NV resident. You can carry on a recognized CCW in NV for up to 60 days upon becoming a NV resident per NRS 202.3688. The typical criteria for residency is surrendering your previous DL for a NV DL and getting NV plates on your personally owned vehicles.

I do recommend that if you're in NV for extended periods of time, qualify to buy handguns in the State that you do get a NV CFP as it qualifies for a NICS exemption. NV NICS checks are at $25 each. If you buy firearms several times during your NV CFP term, the CFP plus class pays for itself.

TX recognition...

Anyone know if there is a chance Texas will be added anytime soon?
Best thing to do is ask your State AG if they are in discussions with NV DPS to get the process started. Link Removed so there's nothing in it for a NV CFP holders visiting TX. However, there is the revenue to be generated from visiting Texans, especially those Texans that greatly stimulate the economy and leave a legacy such as Benny Binion. I don't see any reason why TX won't make the NV statutory grade. Start with your AG and Governor and see where it's at. If the problem is on our end, let me know I'll get on our AG, NV DPS and the NSCA.

Texas/Nevada

Best thing to do is ask your State AG if they are in discussions with NV DPS to get the process started. Link Removed so there's nothing in it for a NV CFP holders visiting TX. However, there is the revenue to be generated from visiting Texans, especially those Texans that greatly stimulate the economy and leave a legacy such as Benny Binion. I don't see any reason why TX won't make the NV statutory grade. Start with your AG and Governor and see where it's at. If the problem is on our end, let me know I'll get on our AG, NV DPS and the NSCA.

Thanks for the info. I am going to get some e-mails and perhaps some phone calls off.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back