Nevada CCW vs. Medical Marijuana License

thebenj74

:thank_you2:I hold a Nevada CCW. I also have chronic insomnia and a few other conditions that would be covered with medicinal marijuana. Nevada has a medicinal marijuana law in place that would allow me (under Dr. supervision) to buy pot from dispensaries.

can i proceed with getting a doctor's reccomendation for medicinal marijuana whilst having a CCW?

i'm no "pot-head" i'm just a guy fed up with not being able to sleep and doesn't want to take psychotropic drugs Lunesta or Ambien (which are EXTREMELY unpredictable). i just need a puff or two to sleep...legally.

i' like to hear your feedback if you live in states that have both CCW's AND MML's

There are probably FED laws against it. State law may allow it. I would think that if you used a gun even in self defense you would have to be able to pass a drug test. I wouldn't want documentation, Laws can change over night, then where would you stand, you'd be on a list I wouldn't want to be own. You could lose the right to own a gun.

CC laws generally prohibit one from carrying concealed while under the influence of any substance. And since the active ingredient of cannabis stays in your blood stream for up to 30 days, then you could not carry concealed for 30 days after consuming. Other than that, no problem. Someone taking an opiate for pain would be in the same position.

Just my opinion, everyone has one and is entitled to it.

CC laws generally prohibit one from carrying concealed while under the influence of any substance. And since the active ingredient of cannabis stays in your blood stream for up to 30 days, then you could not carry concealed for 30 days after consuming. Other than that, no problem. Someone taking an opiate for pain would be in the same position.

Just my opinion, everyone has one and is entitled to it.

Just because its in your blood stream, doesn't mean its mind altering. From your logic, anyone that had ONE beer on saterday, cant carry on monday, because alcohol stays in you blood stream for 48 hours. Anyone with a pulse will tell you that your mind isn't altered the next day having one beer, nevermind 2 days after.

I've got nothing against medical weed, but you probably would have to choose one or the other. There are many ways to treat insomnia that are extremely effective and do not require drugs. Bighouse Doc can probably help, as I believe he has treated thousands of patients living in high stress environments. This is not meant to be sarcastic, Doc, even though we've sparred a bit on this site.

:thank_you2:I hold a Nevada CCW. I also have chronic insomnia and a few other conditions that would be covered with medicinal marijuana. Nevada has a medicinal marijuana law in place that would allow me (under Dr. supervision) to buy pot from dispensaries.

can i proceed with getting a doctor's reccomendation for medicinal marijuana whilst having a CCW?

i'm no "pot-head" i'm just a guy fed up with not being able to sleep and doesn't want to take psychotropic drugs Lunesta or Ambien (which are EXTREMELY unpredictable). i just need a puff or two to sleep...legally.

i' like to hear your feedback if you live in states that have both CCW's AND MML's

There are some issues with Nevada's medicinal marijuana law, but you should be careful as it is a misdemeanor to be in possession of a firearm if your BAC is above a .10 or you are under the influence of controlled substances. While the NRS is silent on what levels mean you are under the influence, for DUIs having 2 ng/ml of marijuana or 5 ng/ml of the metabolite in your blood is enough to be per se and get convicted for DUI. That is lowest level that can normally be detected so if you smoke marijuana once a day, it is likely to start showing up in your blood quickly.

After reading many of these messages about medications and ccw, I am concerned that I might be in a dangerous situation. Two months ago I ruptured a disc in my back and the Dr. perscribed Tramadol and Diclofenac for the pain. Could anyone tell me if I would be illegal to carry now that I am on these two medications? If these meds make me illegal than I might as well sell my guns because I will have this condition for the rest of my life.
Any advise will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

After reading many of these messages about medications and ccw, I am concerned that I might be in a dangerous situation. Two months ago I ruptured a disc in my back and the Dr. perscribed Tramadol and Diclofenac for the pain. Could anyone tell me if I would be illegal to carry now that I am on these two medications? If these meds make me illegal than I might as well sell my guns because I will have this condition for the rest of my life.
Any advise will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Tramadol is an partial opiod agonist with LESS addiction liability than most regular opiods. I don't see it listed on my reference as a scheduled controlled substance. I don't use it since it isn't in our formulary.

Diclofenac is another NSAID like ibuprofen, aspirin.

Your doc is tackling the pain from two aspect, analgesia and inflammation control.

-Doc

I can't speak to the law in NV, but in Oregon it has been determined that a CHL and Medical Marijuana card are not mutually exclusive...however, in the case of a shooting incident, THC (or alcohol, painkillers and tranqs) in the bloodstream will be considered as a factor in determining culpability.

My wife is a cancer patient who has a Med Mari Card and uses marijuana to treat nausea, cramps and pain associated with treatment. I work as a volunteer with OMMP delivering medical marijuana to a list of clients, most of whom are older than me and all of whom are legitimately ill and helped by the medication...in spite of what some uninformed individuals (some with MD after their names) profess.

Yes, there are some who abuse the process (like some abuse many prescription drugs)..but there are also many who are legitimately helped without suffering the side effects, interactions or addictions of narcotics.

Tramadol is an partial opiod agonist with LESS addiction liability than most regular opiods. I don't see it listed on my reference as a scheduled controlled substance. I don't use it since it isn't in our formulary.

Diclofenac is another NSAID like ibuprofen, aspirin.

Your doc is tackling the pain from two aspect, analgesia and inflammation control.

-Doc

so for people with MS (painful type too, etc) with simultaneous severe disk disease, who also have ccw's -- we just SOL?

Tramadol M Print On One Side

Why Is Tramadol Not A Narcotic

Link Removed

Does Suboxone Block Effects Of Tramadol

Tramadol is a incomparable medication. Its style of spreading and safety saliency distinguishes it from else opioids. It is sensitive as an atypical centrally performing painkiller, and has opioid and non-opioid properties. Tramadol is a agglutinative analogue of codeine that has anemic opioid agonist properties. It also inhibits the neuronal uptake of vasoconstrictor and serotonin as do the medicament drugs

Tramadol has hard structural similarities to the medicine venlafaxine. Because of its similarities to venlafaxine, tramadol may peradventure utilise a state of medication signification in predestined patients, peculiarly those with prolonged feeling.

Cut effects

Tramadol is generally comfortably tolerated, the most general back personalty existence sickness and regurgitation. In opposition to agents much as analgesic and pethidine, respiratory concavity rarely occurs during tramadol communication at equipotent doses. But hulky doses of tramadol may process the respiratory effects of different drugs. It is also associated with a low frequency of cardiac formation and significantly lower lightheadedness and somnolence than analgesic.

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Tramadol Hcl 50 Mg For Dogs Effects Of Long Term Use Tramadol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back