Nevada CCW stats

gdcleanfun

Banned
I read somewhere today that there are approximately 25,000 CCWs issued in Nevada. (This is unverified and unsubstantiated, I read it in a forum and there were no cites or ways to verify the info.) The state's population is just under 2.5 million. That means that there are approximately 1 in 100 persons concealed carrying in Nevada. Can anyone verify this, or send me in the right direction?

In a legislature committee hearing during the 2007 legislative session, Senator John Lee testified there were approximately 26,000 CCW permittees in Nevada. About 14,000 were in Clark County.

Now two years later, I haven't heard an updated figure.

I don't know if there is a single source for that info. But one could obtain it for each county by requesting from each sheriff. Or perhaps request it from the NV Sheriffs & Chiefs Ass'n.

Until we have some law which opens up the books as it in FL, LA and UT then anybody can produce any stats they want. There should be a publicly available report so we all can review it. NV DPS Records & Technology knows the exact number as you're entered into the Nevada Criminal Repository as a NV CFP holder with what firearms you're authorized to carry once it is issued.

Until we have some law which opens up the books as it in FL, LA and UT then anybody can produce any stats they want. There should be a publicly available report so we all can review it. NV DPS Records & Technology knows the exact number as you're entered into the Nevada Criminal Repository as a NV CFP holder with what firearms you're authorized to carry once it is issued.

Varminter, thanks for your information. That's a bit too much work for me but that's okay, I'll just try the association.
Netentity, as usual, your posts are pretty accurate by my thinking, and thanks for your info as well, and I did say that the info I offered was unsubstantiated and unverified.

Someone, somewhere has the info, I'm sure. I never meant to imply that what I offered was fact. Accurate is the ideal kind of information I usually seek, but maybe it will never be posted. It may or may not be an invasion of privacy if it ever is posted. I am sure a case could be made for either side. This time, I was just wondering the approximate statistics. I have no interest in knowing who else carries, nor do I want anyone to know if I do or do not. I was just looking to satisfy my own curiosity about numbers and percentages. For me, a SWAG (scientific wild-arse guess):haha: did just fine for now.

Last edited:
Net makes a good point. I bet the NDPS would have the info.

And they can release statistical abstracts - just NO names, addresses, etc.

From NRS: CHAPTER 202 - CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
NRS 202.3662 Confidentiality of information about applicant for permit and permittee.

1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 202.3665 and 239.0115:

(a) An application for a permit, and all information contained within that application; and

(b) All information provided to a sheriff or obtained by a sheriff in the course of his investigation of an applicant,

Ê are confidential.

2. Any records regarding an applicant or permittee may be released to a law enforcement agency for the purpose of conducting an investigation or prosecution.

3. Statistical abstracts of data compiled by a sheriff regarding permits applied for or issued pursuant to NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, including, but not limited to, the number of applications received and permits issued, may be released to any person.

(Added to NRS by 1997, 1174; A 1999, 851; 2007, 2077)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back