Nevada CCW Brady Check Clarification

Merc

Nevada enacted a revision to their CCW law that states that if a citizen has a CCW permit, then they don't need to go through a brady check. I've been a CCW carrier for about 2 years. I purchased a long gun last week and I was billed for a brady check. What gives?

Nevada enacted a revision to their CCW law that states that if a citizen has a CCW permit, then they don't need to go through a brady check. I've been a CCW carrier for about 2 years. I purchased a long gun last week and I was billed for a brady check. What gives?

IIRC, the caveat is that your CCW has to be dated after 7/1/2011 in order to bypass the Brady check

Are you serious?

I van completely understand that your permit had to be issued after the date of the change as that would mean the new process, the one approved by the BATFE to clear their checks, was used.

But how in the hell us a seller going to CHARGE you for doing the background check? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Some dealers in my neck'o'da'woods charge $25-$35 but have lower prices for the items in question. Others include the price of the NICS check in the price of the item. Lots charge the same amount for the 4473 transfer from out of state. Be sure, though, one way or another, you are paying for it, whether it's itemized or not...

I van completely understand that your permit had to be issued after the date of the change as that would mean the new process, the one approved by the BATFE to clear their checks, was used.

But how in the hell us a seller going to CHARGE you for doing the background check? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

All places charge because the state charges for the background check. How much the place charges is dependent on the store and how much profit they want to make on it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back