Nevada Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Holders’ Forum Scheduled

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
The Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association will host the second annual Nevada Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Holders’ Forum on Sept. 10 from 1:30-3:30 p.m., the group announced.

The forum will be held held at the Nevada Legislature Building 401 S. Carson Street, Carson City, in room 3138 and will be teleconferenced to Las Vegas. It is intended to allow public input regarding the administration of the CCW permitting process which is the responsibility of the county Sheriffs.

The moderating panel will consist of Douglas County Undersheriff Paul Howell, the Association’s CCW Committee Chairman, Nevada Department of Public Safety Captain Phil O’Neill, Chief of the Division of Records and Technology, and Frank Adams, Executive Director of the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association.

The meeting will also be broadcast on the Nevada Legislature’s website at www.leg.state.nv.us. Advance questions can be submitted beforehand via email to [email protected] or mailed to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association, P.O. Box 3247, Mesquite, NV 89024.

Source: Link Removed

More CCW questions from A Pahrumpian

My next questions:
Are there any Nevada state laws, as well, that govern CCWs?
If so, wouldn't they supersede any local/county laws?
Thanks,
A Pahrumpian

---

I sent the following letter to Frank Adams of the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association on August 29 as an advanced question for the upcoming forum:

Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 6:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Nevada CCW

Is my CCW valid now in all cities and areas of Nevada or is my carrying still restricted in places like North Las Vegas and/or Boulder City?
Thanks,
A Pahrumpian

---

This was the reply I received on September 5:

There are still laws in North Las Vegas and Boulder City that were in place before the current CCW permit process was put into place. These laws were grand father in and are valid. You should be familiar with these city codes.

Frank Adams
Executive Director
Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association
P.O. Box 3247
Mesquite NV 89024
Phone: 866-266-9870
Fax: 702-345-3565
Cell: 702-379-6591

Additional questions:
If the cities of Las Vegas and North Las Vegas are in the same county, why would one city be allowed to have more restrictive laws?
Why wouldn't the same apply to Boulder City and the rest of it's county?

Additional questions:
If the cities of Las Vegas and North Las Vegas are in the same county, why would one city be allowed to have more restrictive laws?
Why wouldn't the same apply to Boulder City and the rest of it's county?
The only municipal code that is still in effect is the Clark County registration code. All other county and city codes have been repealed as a result of SB92 last legislative session which amended NRS 244.364, 268.418 and 269.222 and making our preemption law much stronger. Prior to SB92 last legislative session, the State preemption law grandfathered all city and county codes enacted prior to 1989. SB92 specifically addressed concealable firearm registration making it the only code that can be grandfathered. The current LVMPD Sheriff does not want to let go of Clark County handgun registration as it will take a slice out of his operating budget for the LVMPD Firearm Unit; that's the real agenda. The Boulder City and NLV city codes have been repealed by State law as of Janurary 1, 2008.

It is legal in Boulder City and North Las Vegas to have a firearm in your vehicle without a NV CFP and to open carry. However, I would be cautious about open carry in those two jurisdictions as it was outlawed for many years by city code.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back