Need Trigger Job on new 1911

OM44

I recently purchased a new 1911 Commander which was manufactured in the Philippians.
My rotten luck with new firearms continues. This one needs a trigger job because out of
the box it has a two stage trigger. It is the worst 1911 trigger I have ever found.

I did a bit of research and found you need a jig to hold the sear for this job. I don't have
one.

I live in New Mexico, right outside of El Paso, Texas. Does anyone know of someone
around here that is very good with 1911 triggers? Thanks!

I'm seriously thinking about buying one because I buggered up a sear doing it without one, all I can suggest is google "Gunsmiths" in El Paso area, or trade back the gun, what exactly is it with your trigger, is it the take up before it snaps, the little bit that gets stiff just before it breaks, I'm just asking cause a lot of time the triggers will loosen up a bit with use

I'm not going to take this one back. It is a 1911 and I will fix it or get it fixed.

When pressing the trigger slowly, such as when shooting for accuracy, I can feel
a click then a bit more squeezing is required to drop the hammer.

When firing quickly, such as in self-defense practice, I don't notice the trigger
imperfections. I could probably get used to the trigger, except I wonder if it will
continue to be safe to use or will it fail over time.

With approximately 350 rounds through the gun, the trigger is improving a bit.

I'm not going to take this one back. It is a 1911 and I will fix it or get it fixed.

When pressing the trigger slowly, such as when shooting for accuracy, I can feel
a click then a bit more squeezing is required to drop the hammer.

When firing quickly, such as in self-defense practice, I don't notice the trigger
imperfections. I could probably get used to the trigger, except I wonder if it will
continue to be safe to use or will it fail over time.

With approximately 350 rounds through the gun, the trigger is improving a bit.
That's cool but as long as your keeping it, and if your brave enough hunt up on you tube 1911 trigger job, and go over it, however most of those vids indicate to do a proper job you need some specialized tools for the 1911, or you can just take it apart and be sure everything is polished and clean and oiled, this will help but a proper trigger job will make a ton of differance

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back