Need support for HB137! Concealed in more places.

_Anthony_

Please send the House Business & Industry committee urging them to support HB137 Concealed Guns in Liquor Establishments. Many reps do not read the entire email so make sure you put a subject similar to SUPPORT HB137 - Concealed Guns in Liquor Establishments.

Read the bill http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13 Regular/bills/house/HB0137.pdf

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Here is a letter that I wrote:

As a concealed carry license holder I would like for your committee to consider several factors when voting on this bill. I think you will find that it makes the most sense under an economical and safety standpoint to pass this bill.

1. It is illegal in New Mexico to carry a firearm under the influence of any alcohol whatsoever. Even a .01%BAC is illegal, see NMSA 30-7-4 (A2).

2. Businesses have always had the option to not allow firearms on their property as per NMSA and the rules of the Concealed Carry Act.

As a concealed carry licensee I know that under no circumstance am I permitted to carry a firearm and be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or OTC medication. This is in the statutes and in the rule book. Further, I know that if a private property owner does not allow firearms on their property they may post it and their posting carries the force of law and DPS rules for concealed carry holders. I am certain that the vast majority of licensees know these rules and laws.

Those who have taken on additional expense and given their time to comply with state law for a concealed carry license are law abiding. There are stringent requirements for concealed carry licenses to be issued including a background check which includes a mental health release waiver, fingerprints, and an approved 15 hour class. Our state has not suffered increased violence due to concealed carry.

This bill benefits the law abiding and businesses. I can't go to Chili's with my family to have dinner while simultaneously carrying a concealed firearm, so I don't go to Chili's or any other establishment that serves alcohol for onsite consumption, many others follow suit and business suffers. If people are not that devout to carrying a firearm they have to leave their firearm inside of their vehicle unattended which is a greater risk to public safety than a trained, responsible citizen having the firearm inside of an establishment that serves alcohol. I am the citizen who has spent time and money to lawfully carry a firearm, being in the presence of alcohol (and not consuming it) is not going to suddenly cause me to commit a crime or become a negligent operator.

Please support this bill.

Respectfully,

For some reason on this forum when I post everything looks like a run on sentence...I'm not sure why paragraph spacing is removed from my posts. If someone can repost with appropriate spacing I'd appreciate it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back