Need some help with checking a gun

austin2100

I am 19 and I will be going to texas this summer. I want to take my ruger 10/22 with me. I have checked all their guide lines and was just wondering if I have to be 21 for anything. I figured if you can buy the gun at 18, flying would be the same deal. Just wanted to know if I was right. Thanks.

Hmmm

You should be fine. Print out the regs and take with you. They just use your ID to fill out the declaration form. Make sure TSA inspects your case in front of you before it goes on the luggage belt. You could call the airport, but the odds of getting someone who knows anything are slim and none.

Go early in case you have a problem.

I am 19 and I will be going to texas this summer. I want to take my ruger 10/22 with me. I have checked all their guide lines and was just wondering if I have to be 21 for anything. I figured if you can buy the gun at 18, flying would be the same deal. Just wanted to know if I was right. Thanks.

you should be fine. just call the airline and find out what you should do from the time you come in until the time you pick up your rifle.. btw welcome to the site.

You only need to be 21 or over to buy a firearm from a FFL or be issued a CCW in many jurisdictions. If you're in legal possession of the firearm you will be ok.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back