Need some clarification on sc

EFD330

I currently hold a AZ permit for ccw.. Now AZ states they don't differentiate between res and non res permits but on usacarry map it says that only AZ res permits are honored.. I'm spending some time in SC very soon and wanna make sure I don't get jammed up. So can I carry or not..?

South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division: "Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina."

Non-resident permits are not recognized.

Handgunlaw.us: "South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina."

Ok so regardless of issuing states outlook if you do not reside in that state it is not honored thank you sir

I currently hold a AZ permit for ccw.. Now AZ states they don't differentiate between res and non res permits but on usacarry map it says that only AZ res permits are honored.. I'm spending some time in SC very soon and wanna make sure I don't get jammed up. So can I carry or not..?

Are you a resident of Arizona? Do you have an Arizona DL? Does your CCW list an Arizona address the same as your DL? If the answer is Yes to these questions, you are a resident of Arizona. Therefore, you would be able to carry in SC. BUT. not being a lawyer, active SC Law Enforcement Officer, Judge, etc. don't take my word as gospel.

Concealed Weapons Reciprocal and Recognition Agreements - Arizona Department of Public Safety

No I'm a New Jersey resident I also was recently advised that in sc if you are the legal gun owner you may open carry with out permit as long as u have papers proving you legally own the firearm.. Anybody can confirm or deny that?

No I'm a New Jersey resident I also was recently advised that in sc if you are the legal gun owner you may open carry with out permit as long as u have papers proving you legally own the firearm.. Anybody can confirm or deny that?
South Carolina does not allow open carry. Your option will be to vehicle carry only. Check handgunlaw.us

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I also was recently advised that in sc if you are the legal gun owner you may open carry with out permit as long as u have papers proving you legally own the firearm.

Wow, just when you think you heard it all! 1. South Carolina does not allow open carry. 2. No state that does allow open carry requires papers proving the legal ownership of the firearm.

South Carolina does not allow open carry. Your option will be to vehicle carry only.

only if contained in a closed Glove Box, Console, Trunk or a vehicle without a trunk in the Luggage Area in a container secured with fasteners.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back