Need help with Hi Point JH .45 acp

Cooter

Liberty or Death
Hey guys, my buddy has had a Hi point JH model sitting in his safe for years because the firing pin broke, and he hasn't taken time to fix it. So I took the time to order one from the company, and put it in for him. He was blown away that he didn't have to take it to a gunsmith for that. I was having a hard time getting the slide to go back on (Hi Points are casted by Satan himself.)
Well, I left the room for a minute, and when I came back, he was looking on the ground and said he lost a spring. It turned out to be the sear assembly spring, and it was gone. I found another that looked like it would work, and finally got the slide back on. But now, the firing pin is stuck forward, and the slide won't pull back enough to access the slide retainer pin.
So he has a gun that won't fire, and we can't disassemble it to fix the problem. Anyone have any clue?

I know, throw the thing as hard as I can in a random direction. I would, but it's my friend's, and it's his only handgun.

I have one of the Hi-Point 9mm carbines and the factory has a great reputation for fixing their products--usually FREE of charge, often including a free magazine. Go here for the true believers:

Link Removed

Contact info for repairs from the above forum:

For Warranty Repair of a Hi-Point Firearm please direct your Original Non-Modified Hi-Point to the proper mailing location. If you have a issue with a Hi-Point 995 Carbine after you installed a Aftermarket ATI stock please contact ATI at,

Advanced Technology, Inc.
102 Fieldview Drive
Versailles, KY 40383
(859) 873-9877 Telephone
(800) 925-2522 Toll Free
(859) 873-6229 Fax

Hi-Point Return Mailing Information.

All 9mm Handguns, Carbines and .380 Firearms:
Beemiller Manufacturing Facility
1015 Springmill Road
Mansfield, OHIO 44906
(419) 747-6095

All .40 S&W Handguns:
Iberia Repairs
3929 S.R. 309
Galion, OHIO 44833-9401
(419) 468-3746

All .45 Handguns:
Haskell Repairs
585 East Blue Lick Road
Lima, OHIO 45801
(419) 225-8297

Thanks for the help guys. Got it fixed...well sort of.
Check out the story on this thread: Link Removed

Hi-Points are a bit interesting to disassemble/reassemble but once you get the hang of it, there's nothing to it. In my experience, all you have to do is polish the feed ramp, keep it maintained and it'll work flawlessly.

Oh, and don't use random replacement parts, like Bic lighter springs, or frog legs. :lachen:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back