Need help getting CCW...

chrisko

i've read all the paperwork on exactly how to apply for a permit... but i guess i just need a point to start at, haha... lame i know... any good ways and steps to go??? any good testers i should have???

any help is appreciated... as i feel i need to apply today, cause any right not exercised is lost...

thanks,
chris

What state are you applying for first? Your home state? Or another state? If so what one?That's information we need to know before we can help you.

Ccw

Call your Sheriffs department or local city police, or ask the owner of the local gun shop. Between those three they should come up with at least 1 or 2 who are currently having classes ar will be starting classes in the near future. Good luck.:wub:

I'm applying for ND... once i turn 21 i will be going for UT... thanks NRA, i'll be heading to my PD whenever i get the energy too... working overnights wears a guy out...

i've read all the paperwork on exactly how to apply for a permit... but i guess i just need a point to start at, haha... lame i know... any good ways and steps to go??? any good testers i should have???

any help is appreciated... as i feel i need to apply today, cause any right not exercised is lost...
Go to your local PD and have them sign off on the application. ND requires that local law enforcement sign off on the application. After they sign off on it, find a ND certified instructor. If you're within six months of your 21st b-day, find a ND certified instructor that is also UT certified and take the UT class. Apply for UT the day you turn 21. UT BCI requires that UT training take place within six months of applying.

Hey good to hear from another ND guy here. I'll see if I can help you out.
I went through a guy who calls himself Tak (701) 720-9958. (I'm not advertising for him, just adding a point of contact for all interested).

I just went for the ND ccw at this time but this guy also offers Utah, Minnesota and Florida ccw's. $100 for three. I think he is out of bismark, but he does a mobile training thing too. He is prior military (Air Force?) and prior police officer, and I think he is a bounty hunter now? Not positive though.

Also, if you make it up to Minot at all, the Sportsmans Loft 701-852-4000, offers classes/testing on Saturdays. I would call for more details. The guy that does the classes also will take the pictures, and fingerprints for you.

To actually get the permit process started, you need to take the class/test and the proctor of the test will give you the application, (and help you fill it out, as you will need his name/signature on it, once you pass the test). You will also need 2 sets of fingerprints, that you can get from your local PD or sherriff. (they may charge you, it was free for me, but I'm in a pretty small town). You will also need 2 passport style photographs. You can take the pictures yourself with a digital camera, then just print them out on photo paper.

Once you have those three things (fingerprints, photos, and the application) then you take them all down to your local PD/sherriffs dept to have them sign and they will send it off to the attorney gen office. Oh yeah, there is a fee involved too. I cant remember how much but they will tell you. Then you wait till it gets signed off and they mail you your card.

Sounds like alot, but its really pretty easy.

thanks for the replies... sorry i haven't been on in forever... long hours (80 a week) isn't good for young blood... i'm thinking i'm just going to wait for a while, there's a UT class/ND test instructor coming up to bismarck in february and since i turn 21 soon i'll just wait and take that class and test at the same time... be nice to get it all over with in one shot considering my schedule... i wish i was more of a go-getter, i could have ND's permit long time ago, but i'm shot from work... i'll let you guys know how it turns out... be safe...

Procedures for North Dakota Non-resident Permits

To actually get the permit process started, you need to take the class/test and the proctor of the test will give you the application, (and help you fill it out, as you will need his name/signature on it, once you pass the test). You will also need 2 sets of fingerprints, that you can get from your local PD or sherriff. (they may charge you, it was free for me, but I'm in a pretty small town). You will also need 2 passport style photographs. You can take the pictures yourself with a digital camera, then just print them out on photo paper.

Once you have those three things (fingerprints, photos, and the application) then you take them all down to your local PD/sherriffs dept to have them sign and they will send it off to the attorney gen office. Oh yeah, there is a fee involved too. I cant remember how much but they will tell you. Then you wait till it gets signed off and they mail you your card.

Hello all!
Does anyone know if the processes and procedures (other than getting testing and finger prints done in my own state) are the same as above for Non-Resident Permits? I already found a few instructors faiirly close to where I live.

ND non-resident

The fingerprinting requirement may be a requirement to get your ND sheriff or chief of police to sign off on the application. There is presently no statutory fingerprinting requirement in ND; resident or non-resident.

There is a bill in the ND legislature to create class 1 and 2 CCWs. The reason for the differing classes is to get broader reciprocity with ND for the higher class of CCW. IIRC, the higher class of CCW will have a statutory FBI background check requirement with fingerprinting, issues at 21 or over and a mandatory 4 hour training class with a live fire qualification requirement in addition to the written test. The lower class of CCW will remain the same with only the written test required and issues at 18.

I'm certain ND BCI will inform all certified instructors if this bill passes of the formal certification process for class 1 and 2 CCWs.

There is a bill in the ND legislature to create class 1 and 2 CCWs.

Has anyone heard any more about this? A guy from my work said that this did get signed into law, and that it should start comming into effect August time frame. He also said that if you have had any kind of formal firearms training (i.e. military, front sight...) that you would qualify for the higher class.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Links to the info would be great too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back